Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I asked this last night but'll I'll simplify it. When I get on (gun it) it at higher RPM's it does a nasty vibration kinda where the tranny is. Would that be my clutch slipping pretty hard? I know when I clutch slips it's smells bad but I've never heard one... Stock clutch FYI. :thumbsup

Edit: Running programmer on "100+ RWHP and 170+ ft/lb TQ: Economy Performance Stacker Tune", I accidently said the Tow Tune last night.

·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:beer Bump :beer

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
Yeah they all slip a little different depends on how you killed it. I had one that would at 60mph if you hit the pedal the rpms would go to 2700 in 6th gear but not go any faster, others that would make grinding noise, just depends, the stock clutch for the G56 is a weak piece of junk! They can barley hold the torque and hp of stock and nothing more then that.

·
Premium Member
8,550 Posts
I have the 6.7 which the g56 is the same though and mine does that some times but mostly it just shoots up the rpms real quick, and so far stock clutch holding over 550 hp

·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, the other night a neighbor parked his CTD dually in his yard after a rain and burried it. I went and got a chain and started to pull and what would you know, all I could smell was burning clutch. I ended up having to jerk him out because my clutch was so weak. I'm thinking that's what finally did it for my clutch.

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
Oh yeah.. I pulled a 4000lbs dumpster at my job site just idling in 4hi 1gear and I could smell it burning. As soon as I have the money I'm going to a dual disk. A performance clutch makes the world of differance.. I had one in my last truck after burning out a new factory one within 10 seconds of a sled pull....

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Yup, pulling the sled wasnt real great on mine. The stock clutches are crap. Not sure how KMK is getting his to hold. Go for the dual disk. Well worth it, IMO

·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh yeah.. I pulled a 4000lbs dumpster at my job site just idling in 4hi 1gear and I could smell it burning. As soon as I have the money I'm going to a dual disk. A performance clutch makes the world of differance.. I had one in my last truck after burning out a new factory one within 10 seconds of a sled pull....
Amen...:thumbsup

·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:agree2:From what I've gathered dual disk is my only option. I never want to have to worry about my clutch again.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I sliped mine about 12 minets after putingg a programer on mine. I went with a luke heavy duty ceramit/fiber AS i recall it was 450.00 ish that was 75,000 miles ago. Turned up im around 425 - 450 hp ish It has been a good for the money clutch. A little graby win its hot. Just a thought............... Clearly the duel disc is the s_it, but there spendy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts