Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about a week ago i was driving with my juice box turned all the way up of course. And as i got into boost i noticed my rpm spiking up...at first i thought it was my tires spining. Then i through it into 4th and it did it again and i know for a fact i dont spin in 4th. I relized that my clutch was slipping and turned my chip off for a week or so until i could replace it...But today i figured id see if it has got any worse and turned the chip back up, odly enough i couldnt get my clutch to slip for the life of me?

Any ideas on whats going on? I was thinking maybe my master cylinder wasnt disengaging maybe? I have no clue. Anyways if you can help that would be great, thanks.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump damn it....come on guys? i thought you were better then that...

·
Registered
759 Posts
sounds like clutch slipping to me. Mine will will slip sometimes and then again somethimes it won't :confused013:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats odd....i thought clutches only got worse, never better

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
it depends on how long you were running it hard. once it gets hot, it'll be more prone to slip. and once it's been slipped it'll keep on slipping until it cools back down. i would almost put money on it that your clutch was slipping, and that if you go out and run it hard for awhile, it will start slipping again.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
my clutch did the same thing. when i pulled it out it was a messed up. the flywheel was all blue and the disk was destroyed. get a dual disk. i love mine.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i was pricing out a dual disk, but iv never done a clutch on a cummins 6spd and especially without a lift so im a little hesitant to do it if i dont have to lol

·
Registered
549 Posts
well maybe i should pick one up and we could put both of ours in on a weekend i drive done there...its just a matter of time till mine starts to slip, lol

·
cumminsforum.com
26,302 Posts
it depends on how long you were running it hard. once it gets hot, it'll be more prone to slip. and once it's been slipped it'll keep on slipping until it cools back down. i would almost put money on it that your clutch was slipping, and that if you go out and run it hard for awhile, it will start slipping again.
:ditto: Yeap...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts