Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am in need of a new clutch and why i am in there i am going to replace the whole kit....what do some of you guys prefer...:confused013:

·
Registered
209 Posts
I am in the same boat with you. I have been reading alot of what these other guys have and it seems that most of them are running jeither the Valair or Southbend clutches.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya that is what i have kinda came up with...just curoius if anyone knows the prices and maybe which one would be the best for my app...i am either pullin a 10,000 pound trencher with trailer or backet lift

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I have had good expieriences with Southbend. If you have the extra money to go dual disc I would do it.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Im going to need a clutch sooner or later... sooner than later tho... I am probably going to end up getting a Haisley dual disc street puller clutch... A couple friends of mine around here have them in their pulling trucks and have had them 2 years with about 30 hooks a year and the clutchs still have alot of life left.. and then another friend has a SBE DD in his 05 G56 and he HATES that clutch with a passion so.....

·
Registered
290 Posts
i would definately save up a little more money and get a dual disc if i were you, (unless thats wat you were already getting)

·
Premium Member
6,757 Posts
The SB OFE is rated for 450 hp but will hold more, upwards of 550 or so. I did mine a few weeks ago and I like it, just the slightest bit more grabby than stock and shifts nice.

Next step up would be the FE, most people avoid this one, very grabby, not good for backing a trailer.

Then you get into the DD's starting with the 3250. I didn't want a DD cuz of the noise and the slower shifting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts