Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday I was driving along in 5th and went to shift down to 4th and when I pushed the clutch in it went to the floor with almost no resistance but won't disengage. I pulled over and looked under the truck at what I believe to be the clutch slave cylinder. It was leaking where it bolts up to the tranny housing with some spatter on the framerail. Has anyone else had this problem before? What are the costs for repair?

2007 5.9 Cummins manual transmission 4x4 motor stock as far as I can tell, straight exhaust K&N intake

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
system go anywhere from 149.00 to 300.00, the more the better the system. I also have some good used ones of 07 model for 45.00 plus shippiing, we pulled them off when we installed dual disc's

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Valair,

Thanks. How do I know if it needs a whole assembly, or just a gasket? Also, can I expect any damage from the fluid going where it is not meant to be, or, can I just switch out external stuff without dropping the tranny?

Andrew

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
you should be able to just switch it out, there is no gasget, you will need either a slave or a complete system, the systems are hard to bleed if you go the slave route.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.