Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need advice before purchasing a new clutch. See description for upgrades, but truck is running close pretty close to stock compared to most you guys. I have a smarty jr, CAI and exhaust, relating to perfomance. I noticed my clutch slipping on the 40hp setting so it's evident I need to replace. At this point in time I don't have big plans to run high HP. Having the ability to pull around 20k on occasion, with my setup, would be neccasry. I don't think there's any need for a ceramic clutch. Is there a single disc organic available on the market good for ~500hp and good for towing? Not ruling the DD's out, but seeing what the market has for a single disc. What other brands are good and trusty, other than SB and Valair??

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
You're not making 500 hp with the smarty jr. IMO Depending on how you drive, if you drive fairly normal then look at our HD model single. NMU70279-HD if your truck is NV5600 and NMU70G56-HD if it is a G56.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're not making 500 hp with the smarty jr. IMO Depending on how you drive, if you drive fairly normal then look at our HD model single. NMU70279-HD if your truck is NV5600 and NMU70G56-HD if it is a G56.
Thanks for the reply. I only put 500hp for growing room. I didn't want to limit myself too much, but also don't want a really grippy clutch. I was exploring SD's due to a little cost saving but also wasn't sure if they are any better at reduction of gear rollover as apposed to the DD's, or is that caused by the pressure plate??

What's the advantage of a DD over a SD?

Thanks!

·
I have a diesel problem..
2,236 Posts
Go with valair! You will NOT be dissapointed. Good idea of overthinking size on your clutch because before long you will be close to your limit! LOL. I loved my Crematic DD in my last 01 i had. I towed alot with that truck and it help up great.

Reactions: Huntnfish35

·
Registered
2006 dodge 2500 sclb 4x4 g56
469 Posts
I loved singles on my weaker 2nd gen trucks back when the dual disc stuff was a pain to drive but now it's way different just go ahead with a nice street dual disk from valair. Will last you a long time as well

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2006 dodge 2500 sclb 4x4 g56
469 Posts
My truck already came with a southbend comp dual disc and I had a it rebuilt when my throw out bearing went out. If I had the money I would have went ahead and replaced it with valair. They are the only clutches I've purchased and the only ones I ever will purchase

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.