Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to the future and being proactive. Stock truck driven with a light foot. What clutch brand/type should I look at when it's time. Worst case scenario is I will be pulling a two horse trailer on flat ground. If I'm gonna replace it, I want to do it right and once. Thoughts and suggestions please.
thanks

·
Registered
308 Posts
If you aren't expecting to make big power, a single disc Southbend 450 or so will do the job.

·
Registered
10,784 Posts
same vote...

The southbend 13" OFE can handle a pretty stout engine and it doesnt engage too harsh. IMO, a good all around clutch for most people.

Though they are a bit pricey for most people to throw at a stock truck. you may just want to look at their 'stock replacement' clutches, decently priced and can still handle a bit of extra power.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Ill give another vote for south bend. Great company and people to deal with.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
South Bend is good as well as Valair. Check into both, I've had great luck and customer service with both brands. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I've heard good things about valair. That said, I have a southbend dual disk in my '98, and their customer service has been so good as to be ridiculous. I'd go so far as to say I don't believe it's possible for service to get any better than my experience with them. I think a part of that is the fact that I bought my clutch directly from them. If you're considering them, call them and ask for Peter or Brian. I usually talk to Peter, but Brian is excellent also.

·
Registered
919 Posts
i just put the valair 13 in. with the heavy duty hub and new flywheel. its smooth and holds the power, and the pedal feels stock $652. diesel power products.com...free shipping and quick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts