·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clutch is fairly new

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
It sure sounds like it's slipping. You didn't by chance grease the crap out of the pilot bearing or input shaft on install did you? Did you put a new or re-surfaced flywheel in? Does it do it in every gear, or just 4th or 5th?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only thing is I recently have started leaking
Oil could oil on the clutch make it do that

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Oil leak on clutch > fairly new clutch

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
oil leak from where? Could you please be more detailed in your descriptions? If a doctor asked you your symptoms and all you said was "have trouble breathing," and nothing more, he wouldn't be able to help you very much.

Get what I'm sayin'?

When does it do it? What gears? Where is the oil leaking from? Rear main seal? Just the blow by? What kind of clutch? What was your install procedure? Did you over grease the throwout bearing?????????????????

·
Registered
919 Posts
what type of clutch did you install?? did you do the proper break in?..It does sound like slippage. Do you have mods??

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a new clutch in mine with under 1,000 miles that I purchased from O'Reilly (their Heavy Duty one - step up above stock but below the ceramic one). I also had the machine shop turn the flywheel and it was clean with no burn spots. My truck will do 1 of two things in 3rd and 4th when it starts spooling hard. 1 - break the tires loose and wheel hop badly or 2 - slip for a few seconds and take off. Mainly depends on the temperature outside and how long the truck has been running. Since my transmission crapped out today (5th gear housing split all the way around) I plan to pull the clutch back out and get the next one up - ceramic button clutch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts