Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've not had time to look up what all is involved inchanging out the clutch master and slave cylinders. Anyone have any tips for me on doing this? Best way to bleed them or any other tips? Looks like I'll doing it next weekend.... weather permitting.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
106 Posts
when bought from mopar they come pre-bleed swap out both n hook the master line to the slave cylinder

·
Registered
913 Posts
i got the upgraded ones from SBC. Fairly straight forward swap. Use the rubber grommet from your stock one on the firewall. The clutch pedal shaft holder clip thing (for lack of a better term) is a pain to get on and off if you have big hands.

·
Registered
648 Posts
should not ever need to bleed a new set. they come pre filled. and if for some reason you do have to bleed, take slave cylinder off tranny, and SLOWLY press the rod back into slave and that will reverse bleed it. they do not have a bleeder.

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
I would just order the kit from South Bend Clutch. Comes with everything you need.

·
Registered
648 Posts
thourobred diesel has them for 250 shipped.

·
Vendor
8,579 Posts
I used a stock/OEM one from the dealer and have an OFE clutch. been on for 40k miles with no problems. I think it was about $80 and less than an hour to install (it was my first time)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts