Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Prestige Worldwide
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what the stroke length is on the clutch master cylinder.... working on mounting one in my 69 Ford and want to make sure that I'm not shorting myself. It feels like the master has an internal spring as I was not able to compress it on my first attempt (I will try again)? If so I can chuck my pedal spring.....

·
Prestige Worldwide
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also.... would someone be willing to measure from the clutch pedal pivot down to where the master cylinder rod mounts... looking to maintain this ratio, unless the better option is to go with more ratio? Maybe better with heavier pressure plates as long as I can maintain the stroke length...

:confused013:

·
Prestige Worldwide
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like the stroke is about 1.500" and certainly not more than 2.000" max.

This is what I have come up with so far....

Made this mount plate... fits the cylinder tight.

Cylinder attached...

Hole through the fire wall is 45 degrees rotated.... so that cylinder can not turn on the mounting plate and come loose.

Look from the inside....

So what do you all think?????

:confused013:

·
Registered
301 Posts
You are far more talented at fabrication than I am. So I took the easy, not so good looking route and cut the bracket out of my donor truck. Then bolted that piece to my firewall reinforcement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts