Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Clutch is on borrowed time

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  4bt4me 
#1 ·
Well I have been running my 03 with 99,000 miles on, loaded with the Diablo Extreme tune for about a month now. I've read that 2 weeks of that can take care of the clutch in a hurry, now to speed up the process I installed 75hp injectors, and still no slipping, but I'm sure it's coming. Just wondering which clutch to go with, a 550 hp single disc? Or dual disc? Then for the Nv4500 do I have to change the input shaft to be able to change to an aftermarket clutch, I could really find info regarding the 4500 for a 3rd gen so any help would be great!

#3 ·
Do I need to change the input shaft to a different size or something? I thought I saw that once...

#4 ·
Ya on a nv4500 if you want a DD you will need to upgrade input shaft but you can get a good rated single with an upgraded 13" flywheel like they run in the 6 speeds on that input shaft, good deals on either that DD with an upgraded input shaft and cer/cer singles from Valair and thats what we all run

#7 ·
Thats what I wanted to know! Thanks also for a big single disc do i need to upgrade the hydraulics?

#5 ·
Two words....SOUTH BEND...:thumbsup:

#11 ·
in that case i believe that the CON OFE would be perfectly suited to you.

#12 ·
I think I may be going with a SB dual disc for the standard input shaft, seems to be cost effective and should be enough for what I need.

#13 ·
The stocker let loose tonight, I was exiting a 90degree curve in a hasty manner in 3rd, spinning the tires, shifted to 4th spun a bit and boom rev limiter, 5th same thing then I knew. Still holds good through 3rd, gonna drop down to the tow tune until Friday. GOOD THING MY SB3200 DD CAME TODAY :party018: but now instead of going to the track with intentions of ruining my clutch Friday night, I have to install the new one:doh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.