Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what your guys's opinions were here.

Lets say i finally throw some injectors and a bigger hair drier on my rig and put it in the 400-500hp range.

A massive lift and 40"+ tires

Im thinking a dual disk would be the perfect clutch for such a rig. Correct me if im wrong, but it shouldnt have an issue with slipping it to build boost to get it rolling when its buried in the mud?

The last thing i want to do is smoke off a clutch with a 7000lb truck buried in 6' of mud!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Depending on the dual disk you shouldn't have a problem slipping it some. Call Peter at South Bend Clutch and he will get you all setup.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Depending on the dual disk you shouldn't have a problem slipping it some. Call Peter at South Bend Clutch and he will get you all setup.
or he could call our vendor DAN at VALAIR!

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh come on now guys, dont turn this into another flame fest!

Not totally decided on gears yet. I currently have the stock 4.10/4.11 (or whatever you want to call them exactly)

Once i get some big mudders on there ill have to run it and see how it works for me. Its not going to be a street speed demon but im also not building a rock crawler, its going to need some decent tire speed to keep the lugs clean (thus the slipping it in a high gear deal)

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
both good clutches there im sure they can both help you out in getting what you need. 40 inch tires and that much power will need a dual disk

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Ive dumped my truck into 3rd with it wide open and sitting rails in mud and it didnt hold. Im going to end up with a dual disk as well I think its the way to go for this kinda stuff.

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok, so it looks like a dual disc is the right direction here.

Once i figure out exactly what im going to do with the truck and engine i will look a little deeper into this. Im not in too big of a rush to put this truck in the swamps, the old ford bogger is still going hard!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts