Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, i got an interesting question for yall.
if i were to get a set of 200 hp injectors, a super b special, and use my smarty, and a TST comp, how long would my stock clutch last, being nice to it?
reason i ask is cause i only have enough right now for all those, and dont feel like having a huge visa bill to pay off for the next six months

· Registered
424 Posts
I'm not sure how good the clutches are on the 5 spds but i know my 6 spd was slipping bad at 380hp/820trq. With what you you are looking at, you will be way beyond that for HP and its hard not to play a bit. If you keep it all detuned it will help, but the second that turbo lights with those sticks your clutch isn't gonna be happy. I'm sure you know already, but make sure you have a good LP.

· Registered
85 Posts
The only chance it has is if you leave the electronics off and do not tow anything. My stocker was holding 380hp unless i towed or really got in it hard in 5th gear at lower rpms. You should be higher than 380 with just the 200's and super b special.

· Registered
1,495 Posts
with my comp box alone i managed to completely obliterate my stock clutch puttin in my dualdisk on tuesday i already took out my stock clutch an man its horrible

· Premium Member
1,970 Posts
with my comp box alone i managed to completely obliterate my stock clutch puttin in my dualdisk on tuesday i already took out my stock clutch an man its horrible
:ditto: i put my TST PM3 in and i could drive it hard till i hit 4th and i could slip it like it was coated in greese....if i babied it, it would hold, but forget about tow'n anything with it on....(level 9)

· Registered
250 Posts
if you baby it and drive normal it will keep on. ive been using mine for a year with every thing in my sig except for the adrenaline. had a superchips before the adrenaline. ever since i put the hr pump the injectors and the airdog it has been sliping in fourth and filth.
i know that doesnt compare to what your getting, but if you drive normal it will last you.
im triing to get every last mile out of mine before i put my valair in.

· Registered
1,759 Posts
buy the clutch with all that stuff. once i put my jammers in my clutch lasted for about a week and after that i had to drive with the ADR off. you will be over 500 and i would think that it would eat a stock clutch in no time.

· Mule Barn Proprietor
11,778 Posts
I slipped my stocker towing with about 280 rwhp. I babied it for a long time till I got the replacement in. Others have made lots of power on the stocker before upgrading, but towing heavy will get one quick.

Plan on quickly needing a better clutch if you really wanna USE that combo!

· Dumbass
7,169 Posts
it will last 6 days, 3 hours, and 43 minutes exaclty. as long as you dont drive your truck for the first 5 days after you put that stuff on there. unless you keep the smarty & TST turned off and have your wastegate open at 3psi.

lol. you might get a little bit of life outta it, but theres a good chance its gonna die at a worse time when you really cant afford the clutch. best bet is to not risk it. or cross your fingers and hope for best.

· Premium Member
19,670 Posts
it will last 6 days, 3 hours, and 43 minutes exaclty. as long as you dont drive your truck for the first 5 days after you put that stuff on there. unless you keep the smarty & TST turned off and have your wastegate open at 3psi.
What a Putz. :lol4:

· Registered
4,160 Posts
the clutch is going to slip at the sight of the 200 hp injectors i would think. i put my HRVP in and she slipped with the edge on 1 had to drive it with the chip off till i got the DD. Get the clutch first man or you will hate your truck!

· Dumbass
7,169 Posts
What a Putz. :lol4:
you know i'm right old man!!!

the clutch is going to slip at the sight of the 200 hp injectors i would think. i put my HRVP in and she slipped with the edge on 1 had to drive it with the chip off till i got the DD. Get the clutch first man or you will hate your truck!
i would think you wouldnt even be able to feel/appreciate the difference made by all of your power without the addition of a clutch first.

· Registered
158 Posts
Let us know how u like that set up. Thats almos exactly how I want mine. And why do people run 2 stroke oil in there trucks?

· Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Let us know how u like that set up. Thats almos exactly how I want mine. And why do people run 2 stroke oil in there trucks?
off topic of the thread but thats okay! to lubricate the injection pump. i have a conditioner/lubricant/antigel i run year round, i get it from a farm supply centre here

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.