Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
valair1,

I had a new valair 500hp clutch put in back in March and I had a new flywheel put in with a new bearing. The noise that I get is a chirp when I am letting the clutch out. It is only when I am taking off or shifting down when my jake brake is on. It basically sounds like the clutch is making noise when it is engaging against the flywheel. Is this normal? Or do I have an improperly installed clutch or did I break the clutch in improperly?

Thanks,
Phil

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, so I was out in the field when a very large cloud burst came over and soaked the field. I had to quit for the day but the only way out is up a very large hill that I had to do a 3rd gear launch just to get up. After that abuse to the clutch, I don't have anymore clutch chirp. Just needed to run it hard and that seemed to get rid of the chirp.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
the material used in most HP clutches is much harder and more aggressive than OEM, it's not uncommon to experience noises at engagement, however i wouldn't want to tell my customers to do a 3'rd gear launch to solve the problem either. it didnt sound like you had a choice, i'm just glad to hear you got it worked out.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, and I have always been happy with your products. I have recommended and encouraged your products quite a bit. Despite the chirp, I have been very happy with the clutch, and I will be a return customer.

Phil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts