Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 dually 5.9 6 speed 305 HO instaled new kevelar clutch now cant even ride the clutch without truck jitterng like you read about worse if tow I have to release the clutch so the truck dosen't chatter is this common with a kevelar clutch I machined the flywheel also
what now?:hyper:

·
Registered
177 Posts
That's about normal on my SBC Fe....its pretty much...ON or OFF.....its very grabby.

·
Registered
963 Posts
If you need to slip the clutch then you need an organic, a ceranic clutch is made to hold firm and the hotter you get it the faster and harder it grabs. Driving them is foot off clutch, and then foot on throttle. PLAY SAFE!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
clutch chatters

Thank you for your input its just I haul a 5th wheel and its tough to back up into a tight place with the clutch fully engaged even in 4 low reverse is still tough wish i had another gear

·
Banned
2,047 Posts
Thank you for your input its just I haul a 5th wheel and its tough to back up into a tight place with the clutch fully engaged even in 4 low reverse is still tough wish i had another gear

Who the heck talked you into such a clutch??? Especially if you tow often, like it sounds like you do!!!!! My SB OFE is the cats A$$ for trailer hauling IMHO!!!!:thumbsup:thumbsup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts