Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i noticed a clunk sound when i`m in reverse...but it only does it when i`m in reverse & i hit the brakes....:confused013: not sure what it could be...carrier bearing, u-joints, brake calipers sticking.....:confused013: any ideas what it could be would be great.

Thanks In Advance

oh it has never done it going foward either...just started a couple days again & only in reverse.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had the same problem with my Jeep. Turns out it was the front control arm bushings. They were worn in such a way that if I hit the brake in reverse the front would lock up and cause that "clunk" sound. Worth a try to check out.

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,296 Posts
ill 2nd the control arm bushings for the jeep.
replaced all the control arm and it fixed my
death wobble, axle shift, and a few clunks.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HMMMM..... well i just put new TGC control arms on about 3-4 monthes ago so i hope its not that, but i`ll give it a check.

How do i go about checking the carrier bearing/u-joints??? just climb under & give it the shaky shake..... if i recall isn`t there always some play in both of these items even new?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have noticed this on my truck as well. The sound I am hearing is very similar to the sound you hear when you are clearing trouble codes on your truck and the ABS codes are cleared. Does anyone know what I am talking about?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the same issue in my truck.... reverse and tap the brakes.... I hear a clunk.... Im curious to what you find out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts