Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whenever i run over a speed bumb, or washboard, my front end makes a weird clunking noise like something is loose. Have been under the truck many of times trying to find if something is loose in the steering. But have yet to find anything.:confused013: Not too long ago, the bearing in my left wheel had to be replaced. When the mechanics put everything back togther. They didn't put my caliper on correctly:banghead:......so, while driving, the caliper came off of the mount, and went into my rim. They paid for everything of course, but i think that incident may have caused the noise occuring now. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
498 Posts
my first suggestion is to read the thread started by cory51 titled 'clunking'. either bottom of first page in 3rd gen non-powertrain forum or top of 2nd. lists many things to check.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well, I got a clunking that was similar to what you described. Mine turned out to be the bushings on the track bar. I started with a bushing replacement kit from Car Quest. That lasted about 20K miles, then I decided to go with a full trackbar replacement kit. I chose DT Profab. Glad I did. No issues for a while now.

PE

Reactions: ae52

·
Registered
163 Posts
follow up

Well, this is a follow up to the previous post.

It's now Feb 2013, and I have almost 150K on my 06 Mega CTD, and I just put the truck on the lift yesterday to see what parts the front end needed.

My ball joints are shot, and with this many miles, I'm pulling the unit bearings and replacing with hubs, (going with EMS/Yukon kit) while I was taking a gander, I took a good look at the DT ProFab track bar, and the joints. The surface of the bar has some normal pitting from the corrosion on the roads, but both ends seem to be nice and tight. So, that's a LOT of miles, and I'm spinning 35's, so I'm still very happy with their product.

Hope that helps
PE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts