Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just closed the deal on a 2013 2500 Big Horn today in Mineral Grey. :drool2: I'll pick it up early this week, dealer has to install cab lights, and I have to swap original wheels onto my trade in.

Trading in my 2011 2500 Big Horn Hemi, can't wait to be pulling every day with the Cummins. Got the dealer down to $1200 under invoice before rebates, pretty happy with the deal.

·
Premium Member
9,497 Posts
Congrats! Sounds great!!! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
9,497 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I can't wait to pick it up. And yeah, gotta have cab lights. Technically I think they're required for me since I'm DOT regulated with the trailer and am over 80" wide or whatever the magic number is. No charge from the dealer!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
This may sound odd, but I would be very uncomfortable with a dealer installing clearance lights. It seems like something best done at the factory.

Reactions: Big Diesel 71

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What do they charge for cab light install?
Not sure, dealer isn't charging me for them. Salesman claimed $500 but I doubt that's accurate. Pretty easy install from what I understand, just don't have time to do it myself.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Not sure, dealer isn't charging me for them. Salesman claimed $500 but I doubt that's accurate. Pretty easy install from what I understand, just don't have time to do it myself.
I wouldnt be surprised with $500. Isnt the kit $200 alone? Then you have to have them remove headliner, measure 20 times, drill, install mounting hardware, and put everything back together.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wouldnt be surprised with $500. Isnt the kit $200 alone? Then you have to have them remove headliner, measure 20 times, drill, install mounting hardware, and put everything back together.
I suppose that's not far off. I found a kit for $115 on mopar.com. I offered to pay $80 since that's the cost from the factory.

Now if they would just hurry up and install them so I can pick up the damn truck! Lol

·
Registered
348 Posts
I was quoted between 400-600 at the different dealers I called. Sure makes that 80 bucks from factory option seem nice

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just got home with the new truck!:party018: took this photo at the dealership of new and old. For some stupid reason, the dealer installed 3rd gen clearance lights, not 4th gen:doh: oh well...

I'll try to get some more photos after I feed the kid.

·
Premium Member
9,497 Posts
Some prefer the yellow. There are posts with people back - converting to the 3rd gens. I actually thought about it.

Congrats on taking delivery!!! :thumbsup:

Reactions: mtday

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Nice truck! Same color as my oldie.

Funny what people like. When I "built" my '13, I did not include clearance lights. Just seems like more bulbs to replace. But they do look cool and are required for some.

I want to hear how she runs!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Some prefer the yellow. There are posts with people back - converting to the 3rd gens. I actually thought about it.

Congrats on taking delivery!!! :thumbsup:
I could definitely see yellow lights looking better on some color trucks. I prefer the clear, or maybe smoked on a Mineral Grey truck. We'll see how much it bugs me.

The power of this engine is truly amazing, and the ride is actually better than my 2500 gasser too.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here's a couple more, sorry for poor iPhone quality. Will get some better ones after wheels and tires tomorrow.

One thing I just noticed too, the WeatherTech floor mats from my 2011 don't fit perfectly. They changed the hook placement on the '13's. Kind of a bummer...

1 - 20 of 175 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.