Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know how to clear codes via the key sequence...my question is does it clear codes? I'm guessing the codes are "hard" stored in the ECM untill reset by STAR.

Does reading the codes via the key sequence clear the MIL light or just display the code(s)?

Had an error code a few days ago, turned out to be P2000. Dealer did ??? (they are going to mail me the service ticket) and updated to latest flash. Was hesitant to view codes myself untill I found out what would happen.

· Registered
2,285 Posts
I know how to clear codes via the key sequence...my question is does it clear codes? I'm guessing the codes are "hard" stored in the ECM untill reset by STAR.

Does reading the codes via the key sequence clear the MIL light or just display the code(s)?

Had an error code a few days ago, turned out to be P2000. Dealer did ??? (they are going to mail me the service ticket) and updated to latest flash. Was hesitant to view codes myself untill I found out what would happen.
No you cant clear codes withthe key sequence only view them. Some codes will go away after 3 start cycles but they usually always comabck. Only thing that will clear codes is a scan tool or a programmer with a code reader function.

· Registered
320 Posts
The P2000 code shows up as something about the nox pressure or something like that. From what I have read on here the stealership just cleans your sensors and gives you a flash or else clears that code if you have the latest. That is what they did for my buddy atleast.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.