Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to clear codes manually? I just got the P2262 code again, I think, and would like to clear it out if I can.

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
You can take it to a local auto parts store and hook it up to their code reader.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Is there a way to clear codes manually? I just got the P2262 code again, I think, and would like to clear it out if I can.
Why do you want to clear it? That code is the ticket to a brand new turbo. And the latest rumor is that the turbos you get now are updated.

Do we have any reason to think the new turbo is non-preferred?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's just annoying I guess the dealer can't get me in till June 9th. Pisses me off I was trying to drive out before then. Now I gotta wait longer. I dont want to take the 4k mile trip with a CEL.

·
Registered
91 Posts
If all you do is just clear it, it is going to come back. If the dealer can't see you till then, go to another dealer. Oops, just saw you were in Alaska:thud:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I cleared it last week, and it took it a week to come back. Performance wasn't degraded so I thought it might just be a weird error. Yeah and there's only one Dodge dealer in town, the other one in the state is 350 miles away. So I'm kinda SOL. Then if they do decide to replace the turbo, I can't imagine how long it'll take to get here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts