Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
What' the best way to clean the outside of a CTD?

Team,

I'm adding to this post. On my '04 I am trying to sell, I have 14-years of diesel build-up on the cables and connectors, into and out of the ECM, just below the HP fuel injection system. I have been searching for the best way to clean the outside of a CTD. Any of you Ram knowledgeable persons know the best way to clean these cables and the outside of the ECM so I can pull the connectors to troubleshoot, clean the contacts, and possibly to remove and send the ECM off for repair? I am trying to trace and reset a P2146 code. I have read many posts that say to use simple green, while others say do not use simple green but to use Dawn. And, I saw a post that said to first spray water, then spray the Dawn so the dawn does not get pulled into the connectors. I need to clean it; but, as you can imagine, I don't need water getting into where is should not be. I also assume I should disconnect both negative battery terminals.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've never had to use anything but the spray wand at the car wash. Never had any problems with it. I finish it up with a light misting of some Stoner's Trim Shine and give it a little rub down with a microfiber cloth. When I sold my '06 this year the engine compartment was a big selling point. I've had more than one person tell me it looked brand new. Trim Shine is pretty good stuff, especially for older plastics. 303 Protectant is also great stuff and has UV inhibitors.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
After reading about all the electronic gremlins on these trucks, I'm a little more conservative now with my engine bay cleaning. I use a tank style garden sprayer now. Give the engine a quick rinse with the garden sprayer filled with water. Avoid sensitive electronics. Spray with a strong mix of Simple Green. Scrub grimy areas with a medium soft brush (wheel or detailing brush) and some shop rags. Rinse with the garden sprayer. Dry with compressed air or a leaf blower. Wipe up any residual water with a towel. Spray with 303 Aerospace Protectant or Griot's Garage Engine Bay Dressing. The whole process takes 1-2 gallons of low pressure water and the stream is easy to control.

·
Registered
3 Posts
'll spray EVERYTHING down (minus air filter, alternator, etc or course), drink a beer, then lightly spray everything off with water. You could use a towel to dry it once its clean, but I never do.

·
Banned
8 Posts
The more you drive your car, the more dirt and grime will accumulate in the engine bay of your vehicle.

Engines can start looking dirty very quickly, especially if it is leaking fluid or has recently had repair done, and not cleaned down properly.

If you plan on selling your vehicle, or just want to take pride in all aspects of your car, cleaning the engine bay is a simple and easy job that you can perform yourself in as little as half an hour.
Have recently bought a car and went to the northern area to check the car mileage(engine) and other stuff but there's an issue in the vehicle with breaks and the car exhausted its engine oil. I want to sell this car or any suggestion on how to get rid of this problem.

I'm afraid that this car gonna stop somewhere, and around myself is just mountains. So I decided to stop this car where it is and now want to rent a car service so in case if this car stopped anywhere I would have the backup plan. I think the Skyscanner car service is quite good.

What you guys ssuggest?

·
Banned
8 Posts
The more you drive your car, the more dirt and grime will accumulate in the engine bay of your vehicle.

Engines can start looking dirty very quickly, especially if it is leaking fluid or has recently had repair done, and not cleaned down properly.

If you plan on selling your vehicle, or just want to take pride in all aspects of your car, cleaning the engine bay is a simple and easy job that you can perform yourself in as little as half an hour.
Have recently bought a car and went to the northern area to check the car mileage(engine) and other stuff but there's an issue in the vehicle with breaks and the car exhausted its engine oil. I want to sell this car or any suggestion on how to get rid of this problem.

I'm afraid that this car gonna stop somewhere, and around myself is just mountains. So I decided to stop this car where it is and now want to rent a car service so in case if this car stopped anywhere I would have the backup plan. I think the Skyscanner car service is quite good.

What do you guys suggest?

·
Registered
650 Posts

What do you guys suggest?
I would suggest going with Steam Mop Cleaner Therma Pro which is mostly used one and because of it's smaller size it's easy to use
Say what?

I would recomment McAfee Anti Troll protection.

Or all of your bases are belong to us.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts