Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after removing the fuel filter I have always taken a microfiber towel and wiped the inside of canister. This time around seems like there is some film that I can't get to. While I have drain open, what could I spray in to clean? Brake cleaner or MAF sensor cleaner? Thanks

·
Registered
601 Posts
just use clean diesel, be careful nothing goes down the center tube

·
Registered
29 Posts
So after removing the fuel filter I have always taken a microfiber towel and wiped the inside of canister. This time around seems like there is some film that I can't get to. While I have drain open, what could I spray in to clean? Brake cleaner or MAF sensor cleaner? Thanks
Is that ur first filter change? If so how nasty was it. Mine was super black and nasty. Is that normal??
:what:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is that ur first filter change? If so how nasty was it. Mine was super black and nasty. Is that normal??
:what:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
No this wasn't my first change. This was pretty nasty though. I only had about 7500 miles on it but because this isn't my daily driver I probably had about 2.5 years on it. I will change it out every oil change now. Just finished putting on the Vulcan 2 micron filter kit tonight. Trying to protect those injectors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.