Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
18,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured i would mention this to people, buddy of mine is doing some work to a neighbor's 02 that will be hitting the market soon, 200k on the clock, i glanced at it and didn't see any rust in any of the common spots, VP44 has not been tapped, had an older Van AAken tuner on it, i didn't look to closely at it but it appears to be hooked up still. NV5600 manual, blue paint, and i think someone had some sort of meth injection on it at some point, but thats mostly been removed, still has some of the hoses and resevoir under the hood, but my guess is that a previous owner swapped out the intake horn when they sold it and cut the lines off with the injector. Pretty good looking truck, so figured i would share it before it goes on the market, nothing else popped out at me when i glanced at it this weekend, cloth interior and the normal cracked dash, but appeared to be mostly stock besides what i mentioned. If anyone is serious about it, i can try and get you in touch with the owner before it hits the market.

· Registered
2 Posts
Howdy, I'm a new member on here and can't figure out how to private message you for the life of me, so this reply is not related to this post - just need to ask a question. I saw an older post where you said you had a bunch of 2nd gen manual trans floor consoles in various conditions... you wouldn't happen to have any of those on hand would you? I need one for my manual swap on my 98. Thanks for reading

2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
18,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sadly no, i sold off the ones i did have that were usable. Good luck finding some worth having, they were hard to find when i did my manual swap on my 02. I think i eventually stocked up 3 or 4 of them before i got a visually perfect one with a couple pieces broken that you don't see and said good enough. Then sold off the other ones i had collected. It was a pain finding one back then, i don't envy your search these days!

· Registered
2 Posts
Sadly no, i sold off the ones i did have that were usable. Good luck finding some worth having, they were hard to find when i did my manual swap on my 02. I think i eventually stocked up 3 or 4 of them before i got a visually perfect one with a couple pieces broken that you don't see and said good enough. Then sold off the other ones i had collected. It was a pain finding one back then, i don't envy your search these days!
I did not foresee this being such a PITA when I started gathering parts for the project. I may end up making something myself... we'll see

2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
18,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, in all honesty, finding a good center console was without a doubt, the hardest part. Most wrecking yards seem to just rip them out and destroy the mounts, or cut them apart thinking they are worthless. But they are nearly unobtainium to get in good shape I got everything else for my swap pretty easily, but spent months tracking down a good center console, and even then, it took several before i had one that i was happy with. The good news is, most people don't know what they are worth and you can get 'em for pretty cheap at wreckers or someone parting out a truck. but if you are dealing with someone who knows how hard they are to get, be ready to pay a penny. When i sold one in near mint shape i wanted a pretty penny for it and had no problem getting it. My months of searching and going through wrecking yards and finding trucks being dismantled in people's back yards was worth something in my book. My suggestion, find one in OK shape, and use it until you find one in great shape.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.