Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Clack under load

873 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  pwrbtr63
Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I've noticed a clack/ping when my truck is under load at a low rpm. I've noticed it the most if i'm parked with the truck facing down hill and go to back up. When the rpm drops slightly below idle as im engaging the clutch it will let out a clack clack clack (sorry for lame description) It has never done this until this winter and does it warm or cold. I've also noticed it will do this occasionally at around 1500 rpm while driving down the road. Anyone else had this problem?
Also if the the truck is not plugged in and I go out to start it and let it warm up it idles very rough until it gets warm, it never did this before. If its plugged in its fine.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
93 Posts
Ive sometimes got the same issue didnt notice it until it got cold though.:banghead:

· Registered
4,266 Posts
could be carrier bearing in rear drive shaft, mine had a similat noise and i replaced it. problem solved.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure what LP stands for. The truck has 150,000 on it. The sound comes from the engine and the valves were adjusted at 139,000 when I had the injectors put in. It's interrmitant is the weird thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.