Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im now running 2.4D in my bullydog TD with outlook and when its on its highest setting(CL), when i get up around 2000 rpms and higher i get a popping through the exhaust. anybody know what this is? what causes it? and how i may fix it? im clueless! i got the 2.4D download from kmkdieselperformance.com. :confused013:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I get the same thing when i turn my box up.. my guess is too much fuel. just not enough air to burn it.. like i said i am guessing. I can almost guarantee it should be something to do with the increase in fuel, just not sure it is unburnt fuel that does it.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
im now running 2.4D in my bullydog TD with outlook and when its on its highest setting(CL), when i get up around 2000 rpms and higher i get a popping through the exhaust. anybody know what this is? what causes it? and how i may fix it? im clueless! i got the 2.4D download from kmkdieselperformance.com. :confused013:
sounds like your are runnig out of fuel to the cp3. install that aftermarket pump you have and the problem should go away.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I dont mean to sound like I am second guessing u, but i have the same situation, I am in a VP truck tho and i dont think that mine is due to lack of fuel for the IP. I just checked my pressure and at WOT i am getting 10+psi and 17ish at idle and that is at the IP. do u think that there could be another explanation for this or are u certain this is it?

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I dont mean to sound like I am second guessing u, but i have the same situation, I am in a VP truck tho and i dont think that mine is due to lack of fuel for the IP. I just checked my pressure and at WOT i am getting 10+psi and 17ish at idle and that is at the IP. do u think that there could be another explanation for this or are u certain this is it?
the popping is timing related and on the cr trucks if there is not enough fuel in the cylinders you get the popping. I think on your truck the vp-44 can't keep up with demand. I have seen it on a 01 I was working on. only he ahd a monster pump and really big sticks. the boxes he was running had so much duration in the program that it was draining the plumgers in the vp. he turned the boxes down a little and the popping went away. he you guys was putting too much fuel into the cylinders it would belch black smoke and have a really bad miss but no popping.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, so if i get my airdog installed which is goin on my truck the 18 of the month that should cure my problem with the popping?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
RPainter is right. Give that airdog a try and it should fix your problem.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
ok, thanks guys. and one more thing is there that much of a difference between the fueling on SL 2.2.7 and CL 2.4D that it would make it do that? because on SL it runs just fine, its only on CL 2.4D that it runs like hell.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, thanks guys. and one more thing is there that much of a difference between the fueling on SL 2.2.7 and CL 2.4D that it would make it do that? because on SL it runs just fine, its only on CL 2.4D that it runs like hell.
bump to the top

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
fueling files are the same but the 2.4d has a lot more adjustablity

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if the fueling files are the same, why does SL run ok, and CL 2.4D run so poorly with all the popping?

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
when you loaded the 2.4.d file did you enable the low end fueling option? even on my truck that can drain the rail super quick. the sl tune only offers the torque management delete and throttle senstivity. Maybe the 2.4d has more duration?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no, nothing came up for enabling a low end fueling. i dont have any idea what it could be. i dont know if its more duration or not. but thats something else i would/could find out about. if anybody has any info on this please let me know if it does or not. im new to the whole bd programs and im spun all kinds of backwards compared to my plug and play edge j/a.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
When you started the download onto your truck, you should have been asked if you'd like to delete tq mgmt and if you'd like to enable low end fueling (as well as adjust rev limiter and raise speed limiter). Are you saying these never came up before the download?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just went out an looked at mine. i'm running 2.2.7. it asks if i want to load "increased throttle sensitivity". i thought i remember the same thing when i loaded 2.4

·
Northern CA Chapter President
3,325 Posts
i get the popping when i have it set on crazy larry. right around mid throttle. i have no clue what it is either. but i havent installed my fass either.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i never noticed any low end fueling option but i will check it tonight. im running 2.2.7 right now and its running fine so ill just run that until i get my ad 150 installed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts