Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the difference between all of these? I'm a new diesel owner and I want to take care of my truck from day one. The truck's manual says I need CJ-4 oil, whatever that means. I think I'm sold on Valvoline Premium Blue. I plan to start changing my own oil, and being that I know nothing about oil, I'm planning on using whatever Cummins endorses, so Valvoline it is. My question is:

http://www.valvoline.co.za/Valvoline Premium Blue 15W-40.pdf

...this website says that Valvoline Premium Blue meets API CI-4, and CH-4 specs. It doesn't mention anything about CJ-4 which is apparently what I need. Is this oil ok for my new 6.7?

This truck is awesome by the way. It just hit 450 miles and the fuel light is on (mostly city driving). I suppose I need to get some highway time before I get a CEL. Don't so much care about the mileage. Five bucks a gallon or not, life is too short not to have a few toys.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Product Specs
Valvoline’s Premium Blue Engine Oil is endorsed by Cummins Engine Company and has been tested extensively by Cummins in stationary and on-road EGR engines, including those equipped with DPFs. It is approved against the CES 20081 specification. It will also be approved against Mack EO-O Premium Plus 2007, Volvo VDS-4, and DDC Power Guard 93K218 specifications. It exceeds the lubrication requirements for Caterpillar, Detroit Diesel, Navistar, other heavy duty diesel engines, including engine performance requirements of Caterpillar ECF-3 and the Global DHD-1 Specification. The product meets API CJ-4, API CI-4 Plus, API CI-4, API CH-4,CG-4, CF-4, CF / SM, the performance requirements of ACEA E3-96, E5-02, E7-04 and the engine requirements of DB 228.3 ,MTU Type 2/Type 1, DDC 2000/4000 Series Type2/Type 1, MAN 3275, MAN 271. It provides excellent performance in “mixed fleet” gasoline engines, pickup and delivery, city fleet, long haul over-the-road, and off-highway applications.:thumbsup

Valvoline: Engine Oil

1 - 2 of 2 Posts