·
Registered
1,669 Posts
WHO in the hell needs a man step. Savemopar

I think Howie calls it a "little" man step. :hehe:

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Well, I dont haul or tow anything with mine either.
And I got a B/W goosneck in mine too.
Now Ill be honest, my wife and I were talking about getting a 5th wheel and being whats called full timers.
But that plan got changed. But that was the plan, so when I came across my truck, I thought it was a good deal so I bought it. Kinda plannin ahead.
Oh well.
So now I got this big truck, and really dont need it.
Id love to come across someone needing a truck this size who would want to trade for a 3/4 diesel.
Id also like to see the manufacturers come out with a half ton diesel. I would be in the market for one for sure.
4 cylinder or 8? I dunno, why not a small 6?
From what I read the 1500 was supposed to get a 5.6L V8 and the Dakota was to get a 4.2L V6.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Don't worry "strokin" my truck doesn't do much in the way of haulin or towin. granted we bought it with the intention of doing that but life has a funny way of changing plans.

As far as performance or workability goes, they used 3.9L 4b's and eventually 4bt's in bread trucks for a long time. Bread isn't heavy but a dually box truck full of wheat bread is probably around the same weight as our big trucks. They got around, albeit on their own sweet time but they did their job. Imagine a 4.7 inline that makes 250+ hp and 450+ tq, that should be enough to get a 5500 lb half ton on its way.

Oh and I would love to have a 1/2 dodge reg cab short bed with a 300hp 4bt in it for my main driver but damn california :banghead:
Yes that's the problem with those dynomite little motors; no way can they pass emissions tests. :whip: I can think of a lot of vehicles they make total sense in-the small trucks in particular. Cummins needs to step up and build an inline four that will pass Cali tests.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Yea, you could get a 650 with a Powerstroke (why??) CAT (again, why?) and a Cummins in older ones. Only one matters though...:headbang:

Although, as far as I know, the only engine in a brand new 650 is the Cummins. I dont think you can get a 6.4 and CATs out of the on-road picture.
Why did Ford offer the CAT? 860ftlbs of torque @1100rpms, upgradable to 960ftlbs that's why. The Cummins ISB never matched that without major power adders.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
The ford/international deal is over. That's old news. The 6.4 is the last international engine you'll see in a ford pickup. As far as ford having a cummins never say never. Wait and see how the scorpion does before any assumption of never can be made. If it's in a 650 anything can happen. I'm not holding out hope or anything but in todays climate with Chrysler and government motors nothing would surprise me. As far as a cummins in a chevy I would say that's even less of a possibility. Chevrolet loves that isuzumax engine and has no reason to get rid of it. Ford on the other hand has been taking the garbage that international has been putting out and is over it. I'm glad they showed international the door finally.
Well since Navistar is gone, and CAT is gone, Cummins is the only motor for the F650-750s at this time. Therefore Ford WILL offer the Scorpion, you can count on it.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Not sure if it was mentioned.. didn't read through all of this but I'm guessing the tighter regulations on diesel by the EPA is what is leading to this... and the underlying fight to get large vehicles off the road and everyone into little hybrid POS cars that dont do any better then some conventional cars...

Why is there somthing against diesels.... take the volkswagon Rabbit.. 60+ mpg and not available in the US.. it blows the hybrid out of the water.. it just baffels me

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
my TDI get's 50+ if you drive it right, i guess we better hold on to what we got,it will only be a matter of time before they try to take that to.

·
Registered
352 Posts
The real truth, is the plan on selling the Dodge Trucks (I mean ram) business, so why invest in it. Have you heard, rather than buying a ram Dakota, you will be able to buy a ram Charger, as well as a Dodge Charger!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Heaven forbid that Dodge/Ram or whatever it is gets rid of the Cummins engine and uses one of its own engines like this common rail 5.9 liter Iveco Tector engine. :shock: :lol4: :hehe:

·
World Champs!!!
24,829 Posts
Didn't you here, there is no more Dodge Truck Division, it's now a separate sub-brand.
But its not getting sold. Its just a shift in name is all, but still made by Dodge/Chrysler

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Not sure if it was mentioned.. didn't read through all of this but I'm guessing the tighter regulations on diesel by the EPA is what is leading to this... and the underlying fight to get large vehicles off the road and everyone into little hybrid POS cars that dont do any better then some conventional cars...

Why is there somthing against diesels.... take the volkswagon Rabbit.. 60+ mpg and not available in the US.. it blows the hybrid out of the water.. it just baffels me
The fact that diesels have to have DPFs and EGRs and DEFs should set off a light bulb in your brain. Ask yourself why all the emissions controls and you should be able to figure it out...

·
Registered
324 Posts
those little vw rabbits smoke more than a free modded 12 valve...thats why they arent available here anymore. Not to mention they can't get out of their own way

61 - 74 of 74 Posts