Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Administrator
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Cleveland Business News reports that ChryCo will cancel its contract with Cummins for diesel engines slated to power its Ram 1500 line of pickup trucks. This news comes as OEMs are abandoning diesel trucks in droves. Ford and GM have recently backed away from diesel light-duty trucks, while Toyota and Nissan have canceled heavy-duty diesel truck plans. “From a business case, I don’t think anyone can make one right now,” says IHS Global Insight’s Paul Lacy. “We are still negotiating with the new Chrysler group,” retorts Cummins spokesman Mark Land optimistically. “I don’t think they’re forever gone.

More: Chrysler Cancels Cummins Contract on TheTruthAboutCars.com

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
so what does this mean for the HD trucks??? that says the engine that was suppose to go into the 1500 series what about the 6.7?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got excited for a minute that we might be seeing a Cummins in something else. I wish Chrysler would can them so I can see them in a Ford

·
I wanna go fast...
3,475 Posts
I got excited for a minute that we might be seeing a Cummins in something else. I wish Chrysler would can them so I can see them in a Ford
:ditto::ditto:

·
World Champs!!!
24,829 Posts
Everybody wavin their panties hoping for a Ford with a Cummins can stop. Itll never happen. Guaranteed. Not now. Not in 10 years. Not in 20. Im not saying itll be in a Dodge in 20 years :)pray: please, please, please) but itll be a cold day in hell when a Ford rolls off the assembly line with a Cummins under the hood. If Dodge and Cummins split, I foresee Cummins leaving the light-duty market, not going with Ford or GM or another manufacturer with the I-6...

And dont some smartass say "you can get a 650 with a Cummins." We all know. Were talking pickups

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
Everybody wavin their panties hoping for a Ford with a Cummins can stop. Itll never happen. Guaranteed. Not now. Not in 10 years. Not in 20. Im not saying itll be in a Dodge in 20 years :)pray: please, please, please) but itll be a cold day in hell when a Ford rolls off the assembly line with a Cummins under the hood. If Dodge and Cummins split, I foresee Cummins leaving the light-duty market, not going with Ford or GM or another manufacturer with the I-6...

And dont some smartass say "you can get a 650 with a Cummins." We all know. Were talking pickups
What? I thought Ford owns Cummings? :lol4:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Ford has an exclusive deal with international. I would love to see a cummins in a chevy with a straight axle of course. Sign me up.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
The ford/international deal is over. That's old news. The 6.4 is the last international engine you'll see in a ford pickup. As far as ford having a cummins never say never. Wait and see how the scorpion does before any assumption of never can be made. If it's in a 650 anything can happen. I'm not holding out hope or anything but in todays climate with Chrysler and government motors nothing would surprise me. As far as a cummins in a chevy I would say that's even less of a possibility. Chevrolet loves that isuzumax engine and has no reason to get rid of it. Ford on the other hand has been taking the garbage that international has been putting out and is over it. I'm glad they showed international the door finally.

·
World Champs!!!
24,829 Posts
Isn't Cummins the optional engine in Ford F-650's?
Smartass :hehe:

I just dont ever see Ford or GM having Cummins. I cant see it. If Im wrong, Ill eat crow. But I just dont see any circumstance where Ford or GM would go with the Cummins. Theyre too dead set on the V8 design, for some reason. Fords had the chance to start from scratch, and they went with a V8. GM started from scratch 10+ years ago (not sure when they started design work on the Dmax with Isuzu) and they went V8. GM has always been into V8s...well the last 55 years atleast

·
Registered
53 Posts
New Chrysler owner Fiat owns Iveco diesel

They make good diesels and I think the new Audi turbo diesel It a Aluminum V=10 they use in the race cars, It would rock in a light duty pickup.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I thought Ford was designing their own corporate diesel?

It's too bad you can't order the diesel you want in your truck (like they do in road tractors). Nonetheless, I'm still happy with my Ram 3500/6.7 Cummins package.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
352 Posts

Don't go to Brazil then. Ford Super Duty Diesels have Cummins!

·
World Champs!!!
24,829 Posts
Im aware of that. Im talking here in America, where it matters. I dont see myself ever going to Brazil, much less buying a truck there. And even if I could buy a Ford with a Cummins, I wouldnt waste money on one

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
1 - 20 of 74 Posts