Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
its no different than Ford and Mazda. Nissan really needs the help. The truck they have now looks like a door wedge. i dont know whats Fuglier, Honda Broke Ridge Back or a Nissan Titan. does not matter to me, there will never be a market for a Asian truck in my house

·
f7u12
2,295 Posts
its no different than Ford and Mazda. Nissan really needs the help. The truck they have now looks like a door wedge. i dont know whats Fuglier, Honda Broke Ridge Back or a Nissan Titan. does not matter to me, there will never be a market for a Asian truck in my house
Could be a good thing. Maybe Dodge will take advantage and incorporate some Asian electronics and interior design into the tired Ram.

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
interior

Could be a good thing. Maybe Dodge will take advantage and incorporate some Asian electronics and interior design into the tired Ram.

I sure hope not since I have not been able to find any Jap vehicles that I can fit in where my head does not hit the roof or my legs do not hit the dash
I am 6'2" not a giant i just have a long torso I tried the new Chevy truck before I purchsed my Dodge and since I wanted a sunroof my head hit in the new GM trucks as well. I fit in the Dodge well and think the interior is nice
I have the Laramie H package

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
talk about tight for room, i'm 6,4 330lbs and my girlfriend has a new civic. i think her mpg drops when i ride in that car.

Japs need to stay away from designing the size of our trucks. I can live with there electronics and some of there interior work. the quality of Jap vehicles has declined over the years. The ole toyota trucks use to be something that was built to last, now they are just like any other tiny throw away vehicle

·
f7u12
2,295 Posts
talk about tight for room, i'm 6,4 330lbs and my girlfriend has a new civic. i think her mpg drops when i ride in that car.

Japs need to stay away from designing the size of our trucks. I can live with there electronics and some of there interior work. the quality of Jap vehicles has declined over the years. The ole toyota trucks use to be something that was built to last, now they are just like any other tiny throw away vehicle
You guys ever been in a Titan. I'm 6'1" 295lbs and I fit fine.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
No haven't been in a titan BUT i played college basketball (graduated in 06) and any of the guys on the team had NO problem fitting in the mega not even our two 7 footers :lol3:

·
Registered
882 Posts
I think it may be good. It may bring the overall quality and fit and finish up. Hmmm a Japanese Nissan Titan, built by Chrysler for Nissan, in Mexico. So is it Japanese, Mexican, or American??:lol3:

Maybe we will see a Nissan Crew Cab Dually with a Cummins:rof:rof.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Personally I'd take a Japanese truck over a domestic any day of the week...if it had a diesel in it.

My father in law's comment on my truck was that "putting a Cummins in a Dodge was like hanging a Rembrandt in FEMA housing."

It has been a long time since the big 3 could build a product with the quality and cost effectiveness of the Asian managed companies. This is not a reflection on the workforce either with Toyota building more units in the US than any of the "big 3".

I have to admit though that the big 3 are improving their quality and the Japanese companies seem to have stopped getting better.

The thing we should all be watching though is the other Asian companies which are producing some of the best quality stuff out there with warranties to match...as soon as they are recognized I think Kia will be a top player (cars at least...no trucks yet).

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
Something you guys are missing. The Titan will be built in Mexico but the new HD Rams will NOT. Ram production is being shifted to St Louis and Warren Truck in Michigan.

·
Banned
393 Posts
Ram makes a good point, bring the REAL trucks back home!! let them make all the minis they want in mexico!! Now someone needs to talk them into an American made tranny. The Aisin might be good, But a geer vendor or ATS would be better...just some food for thought!

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
American made tranny? Where do you think the 68RE that is in the 2500/3500 is built? Its an inhouse tranny built by Chrysler at the Kokomo Indiana Transmission Plant. The Aisin is only put into the C&C trucks for the PTO option on them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts