Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm a little stumped and can't understand why exactly.
Maybe someone can shed a little more light on the subject. I have a couple month old 2011 Laramie. I just had the dealer swap out the chrome TTM for some black ones. For some reason it seems like the only feature missing so far is the reverse tilt option. I use to have it with the chrome mirrors and now it does not seem to work.
What I do not understand is what makes the mirrors tilt. I would have never guessed it would have been extra hardware pieces in the chrome mirror. I figured it would have been more software controlled, through the computer? Does anyone have more info on this before I call the dealership?

Thanks

·
Registered
267 Posts
Just a thought; did you go into your evic settings and make sure that the auto tilt in reverse is still set?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep, I double and triple checked it. I even selected and unselected it a couple times thinking something might just be hung up in the software.

Is there truly something physicaly different about the chrome mirrors then the black mirrors?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I figured you probably had but thought I would just get the question out of the way as I knew it would be asked.

As far as if the mirrors are different; I do not know about that. I would call the dealer and ask.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I notice you have a 2011 ST. Does it have black tow mirrors on it? Do you also have the reverse tilt option?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
tilt as in being able to move them with the controls on the driverside door??

my bighorn has that, as far as i know the only difference was the chrome on the outside of them.

-John

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I am sure that he is talking about when you put the vehicle in reverse, the mirror automatically tilts downward.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm in the need of a drivers side mirror for a 2010/2011.....Anyone have one available??? It can be black or chrome, I just need the snap on black plastic arm cover. (Damn garage door)!!!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I tried to swap out my chrome ones as well with some black ones, same thing happened. The black ones do not have the tilt down fuction. I would assume it is something in the mirror that is doing it. I bet it has an extra position sensor to know where to go down to and where to return to. So, now I am just going to paint the chrome ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts