Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new 11 HO gets here next week so for the last week I have been looking at lifts,reading 3 different forums,looking at web site after web site and after many night's tossing and turning it's down to Thuren and Carli. Now just waiting to hear from them no replies or cal back from either? I am looking for ride quality over height and I'm only putting 35's on it so I'm thinking something like a starter kit with 7100's or fox 2.0 shocks and add from there. Thanks to everyone here for all info you have provided. Mark

·
Registered
192 Posts
Well for ride quality you can't go wrong with either company. I run thurens 2.5 kings, thuren's front 3'' springs, carli mini paks in the rear for now, thurens track bar, dyskos, carli hi-mount stabilizer, and a psc steering brace. Ride quality is better than my girlfriends stock F150 :headbang:. It is no cadillac so don't expect that. The rear is still stiff but not as much as stock so if you want a super plush ride upgrade to full leaf springs with either company. If you tow heavy you will have to get some form of load management. Thuren just came out with his Fox 2.0 setup which i've heard good things about you should contact him about pricing on that. I have only heard good things about a Carli 2.0 kit as well. You're on the right path, regardless of which one you choose you will be happy.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I am sure you read the Carli 2.0 review I posted. I am very happy with it. Haven't run the Thuren's kit, but sounds like you will be happy either way.

I went with the Carli 2.0 because I wanted the minimum lift I could get with soft coils for a goal of a better riding truck. Mission accomplished, even my wife was pleased with the ride!

The Carli coils brought the front up 2 1/8 at the fender well. As I understand it the Thuren coils will bring the front up more like 3 1/2.

If they haven't responded to you, could be the Baja 500 in Mexico going on either this weekend or last.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a Thuren King 2.5 kit waiting to go on with his mini packs, Springs, track bar, Carli control arms, ect. I will hopefully give a full review as soon as I get the shocks. The shocks have been on backorder for 2 months. Keep that into consideration when buying. Thurens parts are not the quickest turn around but hopefully worth the wait.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you have any questions on Carli products, give George at 8lug a call. You wont find anyone better when it comes to customer service. He is a one man show, so leave a message if he doesnt answer, and he will call you back. I bought the carli starter system from him, along with the trac bar, and control arms. The difference is night and day. I only run 33's on mine, but have plenty of room for 35's.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I got my Carli 2.0 through 8 Lug, quality guy.

·
Premium Member
6,339 Posts
If you have any questions on Carli products, give George at 8lug a call. You wont find anyone better when it comes to customer service. He is a one man show, so leave a message if he doesnt answer, and he will call you back. I bought the carli starter system from him, along with the trac bar, and control arms. The difference is night and day. I only run 33's on mine, but have plenty of room for 35's.
Two man show now!
My new guy Nick has been at the shop for a couple weeks now and he is helping set up some new computers. We are going to be moving over the next 2-3 weeks but there will be no interuption in business.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,339 Posts
My new 11 HO gets here next week so for the last week I have been looking at lifts,reading 3 different forums,looking at web site after web site and after many night's tossing and turning it's down to Thuren and Carli. Now just waiting to hear from them no replies or cal back from either? I am looking for ride quality over height and I'm only putting 35's on it so I'm thinking something like a starter kit with 7100's or fox 2.0 shocks and add from there. Thanks to everyone here for all info you have provided. Mark
Both kits would be a nice improvement over stock. Carli should also be releasing their 5160 kit in the coming weeks. All of the parts are ready to go, the just need to finish up some pics and get the info on the web.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
353 Posts
^^^What kind of comparison to the 7100s are they anticipating?

·
Premium Member
6,339 Posts
^^^What kind of comparison to the 7100s are they anticipating?
Well the valving in the 5160's is the same as their current 2.0 system. The ride will be slightly different since the 5160's use bushings instead of bearings. That will help absorb some of the mild vibration and noises. The rear shocks will ride slightly different than the 7100's due to the bajo fittings that the 5160's use in that application.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.