Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased my first dodge, a black 2000 dodge ram 2500 with no rust. I want to treat it the greatest I can. I do not hot rod the truck. but I am trying to choose an air separator and I need some help choosing one out. I was looking at the PureFlow Airdog, the FASS Titanium Series fuel air separator, and the PureFlow Airdog II-4G air fuel separator. I need a little help choosing which would be the best option for my truck. It does have newer injectors but i think that they are only +25hp Dynamite injectors. If there are any other fuel air separators that you would reccomend please tell me what they are!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I personally am a die hard fan of air dog and love my 100gph. I just wish I would of got the 150 because I have plans to go bigger. I don’t have the 4g but I believe it’s just a little smarter and sends fuel based on current demand vs the regular air dog which sends all the fuel it can all the time and just sends the fuel back to the tank it don’t use. I’ve heard people having fuel pressure irregularities with the fass but I believe it would hard to go wrong getting one. But like I said I love my air dog 100 it will support up to 500hp. If you have plans of going higher than that get the 150 it will work just fine. Just gives more room for improvement.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hands Down the FASS system is the best there is. There are many videos of the FASS Titanium put up against the Air dog and it out performs every time.

With that said you are going to get a million answers here. So just do what you want. Having any of these pumps is better then not having one at all.

I would also add you want to put a sump on your tank for the Lift pump. You will thank me later. Dodges are terrible about sucking air.

Oh last thing. Like stated before. Get a decent pump size; like a 140 or 160. Those pumps will support up to like 800HP.

·
Vendor
8,480 Posts
Both share a lot of the same technology. We stock/distribute both. Guys in the shop have strong loyalty with both manufacturers. Airdog 4G is a better version of the airdog, and signature series from fass is also quiet.

We even have a pallet of the Fass TD08165 here. The signature series is a little quieter but like $75 more... On a 94-02 truck you cant hear the lift pump over the engine. Save the $$ and get TD08165

·
Banned
1,096 Posts
Fass. No ifs ands or buts. You could give me a brand new air dog for free and I’d throw it in the trash, wouldn’t even try to sell that junk to some poor guy.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Jkidd is right. I will say I love how quite the FASS is honestly. Once the FASS 150 Titanium on mine is primed, it is super quite. I can hardly hear it even when I first turn the truck on and let it prime the injection pump. I always know if I can hear the FASS clear as day it is not sucking fuel and I already know before I start my truck I need to Prime the Pump. This last statement is also why I suggested a Sump. I am to believed that I have a hole in my draw straw but I'm trying to figure it out lol

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
They both do the same thing AirDog had some issues when change of ownership happened and the Customer Service sucked I went with Fass I haven't really dealth with airdog since the change of ownership

1 - 7 of 7 Posts