Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I washed up the truck today and notice i'm getting some nice chips in the lower rockers and back by the rear bumper. I had stock wheels and tires. anyone else experiencing this? I dont know how flairs (bushwacker) would look with stock wheels and I'm not sure If i want to go the line-x route either. advice?

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
throw some flaps on there and put the oval dodge nerf bars on that will help protect a bunch as thats what i did to mine but for looks also and just find a nice flap you like

·
Registered
125 Posts
Neone like the ideas of chrome rocker panels instead of flares? all opinions would be great

·
Skrew- EPA CARB OPEC PETA
1,577 Posts
I've got the same issue. I'm savin up for Line-x in the bed over the rail and rockers from wheel to wheel. I was quoted 1200 if I do both at the same time and thats with my 10% military discount!
Somethin similar to this:

(Sorry I stole this pic from JMalone on DTR)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
while flares look great, they don't protect near as well as a good set of mud flaps. i use the duraflaps on my dually (front and rear) and they work awesome. 3m protective film is also super stuff. i have it on my dually fenders and all front lights. not a single chip yet!! here is a link to the flaps.

Dodge Ram Mud Flaps And Mudflaps For Dodge Trucks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts