Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a truck a work yesterday with a homemade chip with 2 wires going to the cp3 in line and the other wires going to the egr servo. small chip said altera on it no case wrapped in a mopars parts back and taped closed. I removed it and was looking at it to see what his thinking was the truck was all stock nothing else with only 20k on it no codes lights ran just like any other 6.7l. the only thing i could think of was it fooled the egr servo from working and messing eith the signal to the cp3 it sure didn't run any better overhead said 8.3mpg. i will try to post some pics of it. it was homemade no waranty block either so why trade a brand new truck ?? what am i missing or is some just trying something on a wim ??, Jr

· Retired Old Fart!
10,495 Posts
Sounds like one of the scam modules off ebay. Just a couple wires glued into nothing. Some poor schmuck paid good money for that thing.

· Registered
446 Posts
yeah i mean it says it gives like 200 hp for like 20 bux lol all it is is 2 wires and a little resistor that guy has made a killing off those things though gotta admire hime for that lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.