Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like everyone else I'm looking for mileage. Making the willy's whistler now for an intake and keeping the stock 4" exhaust. I was thinking about timing increase with an MP-8. Any other suggestions? I'd like to stay away from stacks just because I don't know what each chip does or how it works unless anyone can suggest where to find it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
what is a willy's whistler?? sorry not tryin to steal the thread

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
The MP-8 only does rail pressure. If you want a straight timing chip, you'll need to look into the Edge or Quadzilla Mileage Modules...

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what am I looking at in the difference (pros/cons) of rali pressure vs. timing?
Also, would a good stack be the MP-8 with that quadzilla??

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
Fuel mileage primarily comes from timing, allowing more chemical energy to be transferred into work but have also heard people say they got some mileage out of a bit of rail pressure...

You could stack the two but you'd be better off with a programmer or chip that does timing and duration...not to mention, excessive rail pressure for extended periods can do bad things to stock injectors....

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone know anything about the Quadzilla Granatelli race module?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'm not blonde but i'm confused.

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
i'm not blonde but i'm confused.
:rof They are the same box with different brand names, I think that is what he is getting at.

Anyways for mileage you want a box that does a lot of timing and also use a light foot on the fun pedal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts