Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an 01 right now I got a quadzilla adrenaline and fass 150gph pump with straight pipe back to 5" stacks. Its an automatic right now but im working towards a nv4500 swap. I've just recently learned a bout stacking programmers and chips, I want to stack my quad and a smarty. I know some of you probably have done the same looking for tips or things that I should get or things I know before u do this. Looking for all the advice I can get.

Thanks,
Michael

·
Registered
50 Posts
Doing a search would yield a lot of posts that would answer your question. but IMO I had horrible luck with quadzillas product durability, had to end up getting rid of it. Love the smarty though, would never trade that.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doing a search would yield a lot of posts that would answer your question. but IMO I had horrible luck with quadzillas product durability, had to end up getting rid of it. Love the smarty though, would never trade that.
Really? I put mine on in may and I haven't had any trouble what problems did you have with it?

·
Registered
50 Posts
The one I had was the iquad with wifi. And any level I would put the programmer on besides stock setting would surge the truck and stall it out if I didn't immediately switch it back to 0. Now this happened even after I sent it back to quad and they say it's fine and send it back. I had a solid pump connection with the stealth cover and I never read boost even after getting a spanky new MAP sensor. I was dumbfounded

·
Rescue Tower
10,810 Posts
The one I had was the iquad with wifi. And any level I would put the programmer on besides stock setting would surge the truck and stall it out if I didn't immediately switch it back to 0. Now this happened even after I sent it back to quad and they say it's fine and send it back. I had a solid pump connection with the stealth cover and I never read boost even after getting a spanky new MAP sensor. I was dumbfounded
Was yours the 4k version? There have been some issues with some trucks not liking the 4k. Changing over to the regular Adrenaline corrects that.

·
Rescue Tower
10,810 Posts
I got an 01 right now I got a quadzilla adrenaline and fass 150gph pump with straight pipe back to 5" stacks. Its an automatic right now but im working towards a nv4500 swap. I've just recently learned a bout stacking programmers and chips, I want to stack my quad and a smarty. I know some of you probably have done the same looking for tips or things that I should get or things I know before u do this. Looking for all the advice I can get.

Thanks,
Michael
You could stack, but in my opinion no reason to. The Quad picks up the bottom end nicely, which is were the Smarty plays. I run stacked, but not much on the Smarty, I use it more for spedo calibration now. You are better off with better injectors, and more air.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
You could stack, but in my opinion no reason to. The Quad picks up the bottom end nicely, which is were the Smarty plays. I run stacked, but not much on the Smarty, I use it more for spedo calibration now. You are better off with better injectors, and more air.
Exactly, you won't pick up any power and will actually probably lose some.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
See but I've read on here that other guys basically just have massive amounts of power they say that the two combined just makes you have feet low end and top end power I don't know about mid range I can't remember lol but thats what I've read on here that's why i figured it would be a good way to gain lots of power

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Not in this section. On these trucks the quad is pretty much the most power you can get out of a tuner, you might be able to move where the power comes on but it isn't going to make more than what the quad will put out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts