Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I've had my truck for almost year now and have been reading the threads on here to learn as much as I could before doing any modifications and I think now is the time. By the way this is a great site and you guys have a huge amount of knowledge and advice.

The truck (2000) is still pretty much stock with the exception of the AFE intake and a 4" exhaust. I don't want to get too wild and crazy with having to do any major mechanical upgrades. After all the reading I've done I'm thinking of going with the Quadzilla XZT+ and a set of analog gauges. As far as programmers go the XZT+ seems to be the way to go for what I am looking to do and the price is right. Any advice or experience with this programmer would be appreciated.

As far as gauges go I am looking at the ISSPRO triple pillar kit. I know I need a fuel pressure gauge and can't decide if I need a trans temp gauge as well. All the kits make you choose between trans temp and fuel pressure. I thought about installing a column gauge as well, but would like to keep the gauges to a minimum. I very rarely tow anything. Any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Well i would rather have more gauges. I would say you 1000% you NEED a fp gauge, pyro gauge, boost, and i would deff get a tran temp gauge. It will show you whats going on and prevent you from ruiing something.

I dont have any exp with anything but the smarty, and comp box. I was looking into the adrenaline with pulse monitor at one point. Someone will chime in and help you out on the programmer.

Also dont forget the lift pump first of all, that is number 1 priority. Especially with a programmer you will kill the vp in no time.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Virtually any of the companies with gauge kits will substitute another gauge (although the price would change if the substitute gauge is more or less money). Another mounting option is the over-the-mirror pod. They are available in 2, 3, or 4 gauge versions.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Get a Quadzilla Adrenaline with pulse and be done with it. This is my second one. The first one I bought shortly after it came out and it had some bugs, sold it bought an edge juice with attitude sold that and bought my second ADR and this time bought the pulse to totally worth it. I also mounted mine in the ashtray so it was out of the way... You wont need gauges or any other chip and you have plenty of room to grow...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts