Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
It's always sad to see once respected brands move production to china and go down the drain. penny pinchers thinking they can save money at the expense of the consumer...
It's treason in my eyes. The governments job is to protect our best interests. Jobs, sovereignty, etc.

It also contradicts this climate alarmism by encouraging unnecessary shipping around the world.

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
15,058 Posts
Oh i agree. but that gets us into the political side of things which can be discussed in the premium section, not here. So i'll just bite my tongue and try and set a good example...

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Either way all I can do is spread the word. Maybe the more people demand USA or Japanese bearings the more they might be inclined to provide them.

·
2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
15,058 Posts
Either way all I can do is spread the word. Maybe the more people demand USA or Japanese bearings the more they might be inclined to provide them.
Honestly, i'm fine with a lot of Mexico production too (and Canadian for that matter). Korea depends on what it is, there are some things that they do great. Other things in my industry they don't. Haven't had a single problem with the Japan stuff...and my problem with stuff from Europe is in the middle of summer the entire continent goes on vacation right as things swing to full busy here, anything that needs to come out of Europe goes from a 1 week lead time to a 2 month lead time because everyone went on vacation. But as with anything, the best way you can get corporations to see is with your dollar. If i see two identical products, and one is made in China, and one isn't, i rarely if ever buy the made in china one. It's one thing to complain about it, but speaking with your money gets the point across better. People need to realize that you get what you pay for, if you spend a little more up front, you tend to spend less overall

·
Registered
293 Posts
I’d be curious to see their QC specs 5 years ago compared to now, both in manufacturing tolerances and metallurgy. Was there a change? Did you maybe just get a bad unit? Generally speaking anything that goes to China goes downhill in all aspects, I’d just be curious to see hard numbers.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Honestly, i'm fine with a lot of Mexico production too (and Canadian for that matter). Korea depends on what it is, there are some things that they do great. Other things in my industry they don't. Haven't had a single problem with the Japan stuff...and my problem with stuff from Europe is in the middle of summer the entire continent goes on vacation right as things swing to full busy here, anything that needs to come out of Europe goes from a 1 week lead time to a 2 month lead time because everyone went on vacation. But as with anything, the best way you can get corporations to see is with your dollar. If i see two identical products, and one is made in China, and one isn't, i rarely if ever buy the made in china one. It's one thing to complain about it, but speaking with your money gets the point across better. People need to realize that you get what you pay for, if you spend a little more up front, you tend to spend less overall
Complaining/informing others will help people make the right decision and like you said talk with their money.

Reactions: Loki223

·
Registered
293 Posts
I’d be curious to see their QC specs 5 years ago compared to now, both in manufacturing tolerances and metallurgy. Was there a change? Did you maybe just get a bad unit? Generally speaking anything that goes to China goes downhill in all aspects, I’d just be curious to see hard numbers.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
A few years ago I did a job for a large oil company and in their prejob meetings they said they don't want to use Chinese made materials; pipe, fittings, flanges for anything welded into the system.

They said the reason is they have had the most failures with Chinese stuff and during investigation found their MTRs (metallurgy test reports) to be fraudulent. Then of course once starting this job some pipe that could only come from China showed up. They had me bring a welder to our laydown and send coupons to Edmonton for metallurgical analysis.

Reactions: Loki223

·
2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
15,058 Posts
A few years ago I did a job for a large oil company and in their prejob meetings they said they don't want to use Chinese made materials; pipe, fittings, flanges for anything welded into the system.

They said the reason is they have had the most failures with Chinese stuff and during investigation found their MTRs (metallurgy test reports) to be fraudulent. Then of course once starting this job some pipe that could only come from China showed up. They had me bring a welder to our laydown and send coupons to Edmonton for metallurgical analysis.
I've seen similar. Even if the QC and MTRs come back saying what you want it to say, if it comes out of china, you can't trust it. Plain and simple

·
Registered
293 Posts

Can’t say I’m surprised they’d have forged reports, especially from a country that runs off corruption. Still I’d be interesting to compare a non China bearing to a China bearing, I guess an independent lab would be the only accurate way and would likely be costly.

·
2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
15,058 Posts
at which point it could be more cost effective to use a reputable factory with actual QC standards rather then pay for a separate lab to do the QC

·
Premium Member
Lower carbon footprint than electric vehicles
3,262 Posts
Did that grease fitting work on your truck? The website says Ford Dana axles.
Sorry just saw this. Yes it worked perfect.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Can’t say I’m surprised they’d have forged reports, especially from a country that runs off corruption. Still I’d be interesting to compare a non China bearing to a China bearing, I guess an independent lab would be the only accurate way and would likely be costly.
all started with the Titanic

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Project farm project? Lol

·
Premium Member
Lower carbon footprint than electric vehicles
3,262 Posts
American Greed
While I agree it all started with American greed. I would encourage investigation into those involved in the banking cartel. Just like those who own the media, Hollywood, and everything else. They ain't Yankees.

Reactions: krs

·
Registered
632 Posts
It's always sad to see once respected brands move production to china and go down the drain. penny pinchers thinking they can save money at the expense of the consumer...
Agreed!!!!!!!!! :(

·
Registered
24,409 Posts
Guess again if you think some OEM Chrysler parts are not made in China.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 · (Edited by Moderator)
That's why I drive an older truck when much less of it was made by [removed]. My buddy is a mechanic at the Dodge dealer and said he'd never buy a new one.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts