Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Chevy broke my mirror!

1414 Views 18 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  BRAVO369
Comin home from work tonight, I connected with a Chevy in a special way. Neither of us crossed the yellow line, but we both had trailer mirrors and were close enough that there was damage.
His were electric extending mirrors, and it broke right off at the door. Mine wasn't so bad. the glass popped out, doesn't seem to be any broken parts there. The outside cover broke away from the guts of the mirror, but I took a bunch of pictures, and some wire connectors and two sheetrock screws later we're back on the road!
There is a little bit of slop in the arm now, so I'm gonna call up his insurance and see about getting me a new mirror. Let the mud slinging begin!:doh:
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Diesel Junkie
10,448 Posts
Ive always wondered about this happening! Lets see those pics! and good luck with the insurance

· Sasquatch
3,788 Posts
I've always wondered about that happening too, usually mine goes over the other person's mirror and clears it. There's no mud to sling, clearly an accident.

· Registered
2,266 Posts
This happens a lot when you drive a semi. Had it happen to me the other day. Luckily mine did not break this time.

· Registered
755 Posts
ya man that sucks but:agree2: if you both hit, and neither did wrong, I would just fix it myself and save the headache.

· Registered
2,266 Posts
I would just buy a new mirror. Seems a lot cheaper then getting insurance involved.

· Registered
396 Posts
my brother once did that w/a ford. Only folded his in and broke the glass. The fords whole mirror assembly ended up on the guys lap. Just a simple fix they didn't worry about insurance they new know one was a fault.

· Banned
1,252 Posts
yeah i know how you feel. my mothers fored excursion has the extendable ones that stick out like paul bunions sore thumb and have been hit by stupid people 3 times in less that a year, and just the other day someone clean out stole the one side bc ford wants 400 bucks for the assembly. GRRR:banghead:

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, Just got a call from the insurance, the other guy says I crossed the yellow line and hit his mirror.:banghead: Not what happened. Here we go...:catfight:

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I guess you're right. I'm just mad that he said I crossed the line. But I'm not surprised. I just know now that this is gonna be a PIA process getting it sorted out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.