Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iam just wondering if anybody has a fleece performance cheetah turbo on a 6.7 yet i was reading about it on the 5.9 and it sounds like it runs really good.

3,180 Posts
i would worry about spool

·
Premium Member
7,026 Posts
iam just wondering if anybody has a fleece performance cheetah turbo on a 6.7 yet i was reading about it on the 5.9 and it sounds like it runs really good.
I dont know the official name of it but i did put a few miles on a turbo that came from fleece and it was very impressive.And yes it was a vgt in a 6.7.

3,180 Posts
o rly maybe i should talk to them

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I know this was one of the first out and not sure if they are far sale yet but i would call and make sure.This thing would flat out take my truck off the line.
how come you dont run it anymore? just testing turbos out? or your new setup way better?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if ran07 can spool a fixed s475 almost like stock there should be no prob spooling a smaller vnt turbo faster than stock

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
Just remember ran07's S475 is also modified so he can spool it up faster then stock. Even though he will not let the cat out of the bag as to what was done to the turbo lol.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
even still these guys had a 62 on a 5.9 it spooled faster then stock so us 6.7 guys should have full boost at idle:thumbsup: haha

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
The 6.7's also flow a lot more air than the 5.9's. This aids in the ability to spool a bigger charger.

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
if we're talking about the same charger here....

Fleece told me about a Holset 451VE (i think thats what its called??) basically the bigger brother to our stock charger, used in conjunction with their controller and had a ton of success with this setup....

Is this their "Cheetah"?? I dunno.. but I know the turbo itself was in the 3k price range and their controller retails for 595.00

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
on 2nd thought..

their VGT controller (to use the 351VE in older 5.9's) is 595.00

their VNT controller (not sure if this is the one they used for the 451??) is $700-$800 retail

maybe they can chime in...

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
The vgt controller controls the holset turbos...(he351ve/he451ve/he551ve) something in that nature...they used the vgt controller to run the he451 on that truck

Reactions: Krazeeun
3,180 Posts
the cheetah is a ball bearing turbo

3,180 Posts
im not sure about that but the cheetah ive always heard of is like 72 mm ball bearing, not vgt but i dont know alot about them other than they are all over youtube on dmaxs

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
cant you have a vgt ball bearing turbo? i thought that what i read somewhere was our stock ones

3,180 Posts
i dont know about our stock ones be n ball bearing turbos... they sure dont sound like it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts