Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyways to check the injectors to see if there working right or stuck open or somthing? My fuel mileage pretty much blows right now, I did an oil analysis about 4,000 miles ago and it came back good on fuel, and Im gonna be doing anther one shortly in the next week or so to see. But is there anyways to check them?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Do you have gauges, readings might be able to help someone, but i personally have no idea

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No i don't have any guages........ Its on the list just havn't gotten there yet.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
when you say your oil analysis "came back good on fuel", do u mean there wasnt fuel in your oil? or the opposite?

if ur injector was stuck open, there would be a TON of white smoke out the exhaust and a LOUD knock from the engine.

what kind of mpg's you seeing?

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
The only whay with that g56 back speed down keep rpms under 1900 sucks i now try about every programer out there this is the only way i get it 65mph about 16mpg 58 get 20-21 hope this helps

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The analysis came back with with fuel was less than .5%....... Silicone was higher than it should be but we chalked it up to the AFE torque tube. Im gonna do another analysis when I change me oil in the next week and see what it says. Im only getting like 16-17 highway, and 14 or so intown, but this last tank was horrible and I don't know why. but this tank im on now seems to be back up, right now im at 150miles on just over 1/4 tank.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
The analysis came back with with fuel was less than .5%....... Silicone was higher than it should be but we chalked it up to the AFE torque tube. Im gonna do another analysis when I change me oil in the next week and see what it says. Im only getting like 16-17 highway, and 14 or so intown, but this last tank was horrible and I don't know why. but this tank im on now seems to be back up, right now im at 150miles on just over 1/4 tank.
have you checked for fuel leaks??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts