Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Southern california Chapter President
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where can I find out what my check engine code means. it flashes 11 times and then stays solid. any ideas. truck seems to run fine.

·
Hide your cats!
5,106 Posts
i would take it to autozone and have them check the code, it free

·
Premium Member
7,076 Posts
Have you tried the key trick to pull codes? If you dont know how to do it, Start off with the key in the off position and then turn it to the on position three times fast without bumping the start and leave it in the on position on the last time and the codes will come up in the odometer. Like this off, on, off, on, off, on.

·
Southern california Chapter President
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have done that, and I counted the flashes, it stops flashing on the 11th one. no other flashing after that.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
The check engine light should not flash if you did the on-off three times correctly. The codes will appear in the odometer and start with a P. It should show a code for just a couple of seconds and go to the next. It will end with done.

If you do not get any codes, take it to Autozone and get them to read your codes because some codes will not show up with the on-off trick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts