Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was going down the road tonight night all of sudden the check engine light came on and not even a half mile later i pretty much had dead pedal, pulled over to shut her down and it sounded like it was missing. Checked for codes and i had p0193. What would cause this all of sudden?

·
Washington Chapter Pres.
2,023 Posts
P0193 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit High Input. What all do you have done to your truck?? Fill out your sig plz.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts

·
Washington Chapter Pres.
2,023 Posts
Good post NavyDood.:thumbsup

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do have the power puck install but it was not turned on at the time.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Did you uninstall the power puck and see what happens? That is the first thing I would look at. If it's not that, then most likely the fuel pressure sensor needs replaced.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'll try that here in a bit , and about how much is a sensor?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
If your puck connects to the rp sensor that is the culprit. Use some dielectric grease on the connections and all will be well.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i unhooked the puck and changed the fuel filter it was plunged and i just changed about 3,000 miles ago and have had no problems yet.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Had the same thing happen to my truck this week. It also threw a p0191 code. Unhooked my puck and all was well. I guess it is the connetion, but I think that I will go with a programmer next....maybe a smarty jr. Mine could have been due to the wire tap used for my recon??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts