Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I loaded up and tried PL, SL and CL on my triple dog and on each one of them when I get over half throttle, the check engine light pops on. everytime. Im guessing its the rail pressure sensor. is there a way to keep this from coming on?

on a side note, I cant tell the difference in all those tunes. feels the same to me. I was told PL was suppose to be the most hp out of the 3. but the CL tune (2.4d) feels just as strong as pedofile larry does. whats the deal???

·
Registered
263 Posts
What code is the truck throwing? With the truck off you can turn the key from the off position to the run position (not starting the truck) 3 times quickly and it will tell you what codes are being thrown on the odometer.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
he has a tuner that will check codes

2.4d is only one you need for a 06, SL and PL were for pre 06 trucks. Im betting you are getting overboost code. Do you have a boost fooler?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no boost fooler.....So just run 2.4d? with or without low end power? there is no lag with adding the low end power. I tried running it without it and there is hardly any throttle response. does it really add low end or does it just give half throttle while only giving it 1/4 throttle?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
you need a boost fooler, id get a quadzilla

low end power just changes the throttle %, i personally dont like it

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, i re downloaded 2.4.d. No tq management, rev limiter set at 3700. But at wot throttle, it will only rev to 3000?? and with the truck in netrual, it WILL rev to 3700.......wats the deal?

·
Wrenchin' in the USA!!
295 Posts
you may be limited to your throttle position.... check to see if it is limiting you to like 80% throttle position... just a shot in the dark. hope it helps. :confused013:

·
PDRT
844 Posts
mine was doing the exact same thing found out it was draining the rail maybe different with yours but after i put my boost fooler on it seem to quit havent had it do it since

1 - 8 of 8 Posts