Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The check engine light came on yesterday, no longer has acceleration...air filter clean, fuel filter clean. 206,000 miles. I had some codes pulled and got these P237 Super Turbo Inlet and PO112 Internal air temperature. It starts fine, no changes on the guages but I haven't driven it more than a mile back and forth to my office.When I floor it there is no response. I'm 2500 miles from my home in TN..can anyone give me some advice? The nearest Dodge dealer is 287 miles away!! No one in town services diesels.

Doc

·
Some-Sho Some-Go
1,621 Posts
check and make sure all clamps and boost tubes are tight and not leaking, while running the truck use soapy water to see if you have air leaks.

·
Rescue Tower
10,813 Posts
I'm going to guess that your IAT sensor died. Do you have an exhaust brake?

Thanks mopar1973man for the link.

IAT Sensor

·
Rescue Tower
10,813 Posts
check and make sure all clamps and boost tubes are tight and not leaking, while running the truck use soapy water to see if you have air leaks.
An idle diesel builds no boost. Are you going to poke around a running engine with soapy water looking for bubbles?

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
The check engine light came on yesterday, no longer has acceleration...air filter clean, fuel filter clean. 206,000 miles. I had some codes pulled and got these P237 Super Turbo Inlet and PO112 Internal air temperature. It starts fine, no changes on the guages but I haven't driven it more than a mile back and forth to my office.When I floor it there is no response. I'm 2500 miles from my home in TN..can anyone give me some advice? The nearest Dodge dealer is 287 miles away!! No one in town services diesels.

Doc
First lets get the correct error information...

P0112 - Intake Air Temp Sensor Voltage Low Intake air (charge) temperature sensor input below the minimum acceptable voltage.
P0237 - Map Sensor Voltage Too Low MAP sensor voltage input below the minimum acceptable voltage.

So now you don't have a boost leak but maybe more like a wiring fault. Double check all wiring connectors and besure there clean, tight, and latched!

You might have to check and be sure the 2 sensors are seeing +5V properly. If not this could be the cause of the fault.

Surprising to see how a diagnosis will change rapidily if you have the correct information... :hehe:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts