Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3" lift on 37s and have inspection coming up. I need to get something to get my truck through inspection, and drive on for a little while, while I'm saving back up to replace the 37s that are currently on my truck.

I have my factory wheels that I'll be putting my tires on. I'm looking at NTB/Mr. Tire/Tire Rack/Discount Tire etc.

Just didn't know if anyone knew of any great deals on some factory sized E-load tires to hold me through for a short while without breaking the bank.

Thank you.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Craigslist for a used set of 17" tires. I've sold sets with enough tread to pass inspection for like $75. Whole setup already mounted on wheels for a couple hundred. Maybe that's here where half the guys can't be seen running on factory skins and wheels. Takeoffs are literally a dime a dozen, probably 20 sets on CL now from $100 to $1000 for brand new 4th gen takeoffs.

If going with new tires, I bought a stout set of 275-65-20 Firechiken mudders on Amazon for $760 to my door. All kinds of 265-70-17 LT tires for under $150/ea on there.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Craigslist is a great idea! I was thinking used tire shops but didn't realize how many people threw them on CL. Gotta figure out what tread depth passes for PA, and begin shopping.

Will 4th gen fit on 3rd gen? Stupid question but I've never compared the rims.

·
Registered
62 Posts
For what it's worth, Discount Tire Direct has 37x13.50R17 Terra Grapplers for $195 a tire right now. Actually, I grabbed them from the site for much cheaper a month ago with free shipping so keep an eye out for those deals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Yes 4th gen wheels are a direct bolt up. All of them. Don't use 4th gen lug nuts though. They're metric thread, but the aluminum wheels are the same acorn nut needed for bth Gen, just std thread on your 3rd Gen.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Inspection? Of your tires? Never been part of that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts