Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who's got the best prices on tires? looking for 33x12.5x17. i will also need spacers for the rear. thanks

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well im the kinda guy that goes from one exteme to another, i drive down pipeline right-of-ways so i need a good off road tire, but it will see highway miles traveling to and from the job site. im considering the Interco 34x10.5 LTB

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Do not get the Swampers. Period. On a truck as heavy as your's, you'd be lucky to get 20,000 miles. And that'd be rotating them probly every 2000 miles. Definitly stick with a radial. BFG, TOYO, Anything that's a reputable name. Swampers (any of them except the turdbirds) are very good tires, for a certain application. They just don't heve one for a 8000lb truck. If you must have a swamper, go with the SSR. They are a radial, and will handle WAY better than the LTB's. But still won't last very long. LTB's are actually one of their softer compound tires. You'd just be be way farther ahead to stick to a BFG or Toyo!!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
You'll chew up LTB's in nooooo time on these rigs, they wore awful on my Jeep!

The Toyo MT's seem to be the best thing going right now, albiet pricey.

Jason

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
who's got the best prices on tires? looking for 33x12.5x17. i will also need spacers for the rear. thanks
You want cheap? I got your cheap right here; Ultra Grip Tires, Retread Tire | TreadWright, Inc. I ran these tires on my last truck for a while and loved them. People are going to tell you horror stories about retreads, IMHO these stories don't apply to the new retreading methods which are much safer and more reliable, just do your own research on them :thumbsup But I guarantee you'll love the price!

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no go with Toyo mts. i will sacrifice miles before i go with those again. BullyDogCummins.. im on Rex East right now in Ohio. Im a surveyor though not a construction hand, the contractors should be here sometime in september. What job you working on right now?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have Master Craft A/T 2 and I love them. They wear nice and do well in the snow, rain, mud and heat. They look nice and don't look as girly as the Toyo a/t. I will recomend going with a 10 ply though just because they are alot tougher and durable expectally with the heavy loads. Remember not to go with cheap tires or you will be buying them again in a couple months. Remember the sweetness of something cheap doesn't last as long as the soreness of wasted money on a bargain. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
I have always had really good luck with the BFG MT's. The old style, I just put the new style on my truck and they look like they'll be great!

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes the new km2's are tight looking, but man they are like 270 a pop. thats alomst 1800 bucks, but i guess you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
man thats a nice looking truck, makes me wish i had a srw sometimes. what size spacers would i need to run to fit 12.50s?

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
I honestly don't know. Probly about 2" or so if I had to guess. Buess I'm just guessing.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wow you can get a 34 for 165.hahaha. man and i have seen those tires before and they aint half bad looking. is that close to that general grabber or whatever it is?

·
Registered
508 Posts
I 'm looking into ProComp Xtreme A/Ts. they have the right weight rating, and have a 40k warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well i had considered the xtreme mts, ive seen them on some ford drw and my roommate has them on his lifted 150. those tires have good wear. but once again the price will put a hurting on ya.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
wow you can get a 34 for 165.hahaha. man and i have seen those tires before and they aint half bad looking. is that close to that general grabber or whatever it is?
yeah I got all four 35" tires shipped for 600 bucks! :thud: Couldnt beleive it! The bighorns are basically the sister tire of the maxxis buckshot mudders. They just added lugs on the upper sidewall and a different tread pattern. They hum a on the highway but nothing like a super swamper. Id say more like a Bf goodie M/T. :thumbsup

1 - 20 of 22 Posts