Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seeing 799.20 mostly everywhere.... anyone know if there is a cheaper place?

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
That is the lowest price that an authorized dealer is allowed to sell it for:thumbsup

·
Registered
330 Posts
keep it in the forum, do a price request someone will help you :thumbsup

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking of buying this now and installing but not using the additional features until deletes are done.... are you able to use anything other than 0 settings (stock) for a stock truck to avoid any issues?

Also, you can put in your custom tire and rim size to fix speedo right?

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
You can use all of the features without hurting your truck. The only thing it will be doing is causing you to regen more often if you keep it on the higher settings.

It will show you your true speed on the Attitude monitor itself but it does not re-calibrate the speedo. You need a downloader like the Superchips Flashpaq or the Bully Dog Power Pup to do that.

·
Registered
265 Posts
if it the edge juice yes you can put in your own tire size. it wont fix the speedo, but you can display it on the attitude monitor.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I ran my truck with a Juice/MP-8 stack with the DPF/EGR (weren't out at the time) with no ill effects.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
The $799.20 is the cheapest you will find it for, unless it is used. Thats because we have what we call MVP (Maximum Value Price) and all of our Dealers cannot sell our product below that price. The MVP price differes from one product to another Juice, Evolution, or M.M. If a Dealer is caught selling Edge Products below the MVP price then management will contact them and make sure it does not continue.
Now, I know it sounds like a bunch of BS but we mainly did this to keep product value (this helps people from selling our products on ebay and other internet auction sites for dirt cheap) and also it helps our Distributors and Dealers stay in buisness.
There are a lot of companies that have this same type of pricing program such as Bose Sound systems, XBOX, Dell and so on...
To sum this up, the price system actually works very well and our Dealers seem to really like it.
On another note, we do watch the forums and internet sites closely to make sure dealers are selling at MVP price.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
The $799.20 is the cheapest you will find it for, unless it is used. Thats because we have what we call MVP (Maximum Value Price) and all of our Dealers cannot sell our product below that price. The MVP price differes from one product to another Juice, Evolution, or M.M. If a Dealer is caught selling Edge Products below the MVP price then management will contact them and make sure it does not continue.
Now, I know it sounds like a bunch of BS but we mainly did this to keep product value (this helps people from selling our products on ebay and other internet auction sites for dirt cheap) and also it helps our Distributors and Dealers stay in buisness.
There are a lot of companies that have this same type of pricing program such as Bose Sound systems, XBOX, Dell and so on...
To sum this up, the price system actually works very well and our Dealers seem to really like it.
On another note, we do watch the forums and internet sites closely to make sure dealers are selling at MVP price.

Thanks
Well said, thanks for chiming in:thumbsup

·
Registered
317 Posts
I've seen the Edge 660 series 6.7 on E-bay and other websites for 599.99 Is that for a new one??

·
Banned
706 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
K2,
Whats the difference beetween the attitude and no attitude? Is it just the monitor? I'm not ready to buy something like this yet but is it a good idea to purchase a used one? Can it be damaged or can it be "not a good one" Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I paid $850. plus the tax here in ontario Canada. I seen them for 799. on ebay but the performance shop here gave me a fair price.

·
Premium Member
10,376 Posts
K2,
Whats the difference beetween the attitude and no attitude? Is it just the monitor? I'm not ready to buy something like this yet but is it a good idea to purchase a used one? Can it be damaged or can it be "not a good one" Thanks.

I know you asked Keven, but I dont see him around. Keven, where are you? :lol3:

The difference is simple, without the Attitude monitor you can not change the power levels on the Juice module.

Buying used is always a chance, just make sure the seller is reputable if you can. Not everyone will be dishonest.

James

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I know you asked Keven, but I dont see him around. Keven, where are you? :lol3:

The difference is simple, without the Attitude monitor you can not change the power levels on the Juice module.

Buying used is always a chance, just make sure the seller is reputable if you can. Not everyone will be dishonest.

James
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh... I'm hiding:lol3:

You can adjust the power levels but not like you can with the Attitude monitor. There is a toggle switch that lets you switch from 25,40, and 80hp vs the 5 power levels from 25-80hp if you have the Attitude. You also lose the safety features like defueling if your EGT's get too high.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
You guys that are looking to buy, look at Keven at K2dieselperformance.com He is a straight shooter, knows his stuff and is always around to help us out!!!!

Don't buy the juice without the attitude!! It is not worth the couple hundred dollars to leave it out. That little monitor is the best thing since sliced bread and I can't believe I went 4 months with out it!

The only issue I have had with my J/A is that it actually shows me how darn many times my truck is going into regen :RANTIN:

Chris

1 - 20 of 21 Posts