Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just put an Industrial Injection Stage 3 cp3 on and my rail is STILL low... Every time the truck shifts, it drops to high 14's low 15's and slowly recovers to maybe 20k. I'm running a TNT stacked with a Quad race box and Bosio 120 horse 10 hole injectors... Getting sick of bleeding cash to get some fuel. I still have my stock cp3 and unless someone has an idea, I will probably put it back on with the d'max pump too and maybe they both can keep a decent rail......
:RANTIN:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Good luck man, that's a nice looking truck!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Two thngs to Throw at ya:
My pump does more than keep up with my fueling demands. Maybe you want to talk to John. Lloyd Mills has the most economical set of duel cp3 set-up

·
Registered
909 Posts
lloyds is like 1700. but the stage 3 pump should keep up with what ever you are throwing at it, so that makes me think you have something wrong. i have a stg 3 pump and 180 hp injectors and my rp dosnt dropp that low.

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A friend thinks maybe one of my injector tubes isn't seated. I am praying he is right. Any guesses of what might be wrong? Maybe my distributer cap is loose...lol Seriously, any thoughts on the matter would be helpful... FASS 150/200 tested yesterday at 17psi (I'm installing the higher psi spring tomorrow although I know it's not the problem) Stage 3 cp3, stock rail, stock tubes, Bosio 10 hole 120 injectors.....= 14k rail.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Where can you get the lloyds kit?

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
You can pull the connector tubes one by one, a little easier than doing a backleak test. Look at the ends where they seat to the injector. If you don't see a perfect circle around the tip, then they are most likely leaking (common ocurrence). We just had to remachine the tubes and reseat the injector feeds for a customer, due to pressure degradation. He had 3 leaking that got worse over time, his truck got to the point where it didn't want to restart.

·
Registered
434 Posts
What about a Dual feed line? Im an idiot, and have no idea about alot of this stuff, but it cant hurt to ask...lol By the way...real nice truck.

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cory at Ultimate Diesel & I are gonna pull tubes and/or do a leak test tomorrow morning. Punchy, thanks for the idea but I'm running a rail cap and if it was a feed problem I think it would recover higher than 20k... I'll post tomorrow after we find out what's up...you know it has seemed harder to start lately... I would just go buy six new ones but man they're not cheap.

·
Registered
117 Posts
lloyds is like 1700. but the stage 3 pump should keep up with what ever you are throwing at it, so that makes me think you have something wrong. i have a stg 3 pump and 180 hp injectors and my rp dosnt dropp that low.
is it just me or does Lloyds twin kit NOT come with the second required pump? So wouldn't $1700 be a bit much for brackets and pullies? I'm in need of a dual setup but I havens looked into them much yet

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
is it just me or does Lloyds twin kit NOT come with the second required pump? So wouldn't $1700 be a bit much for brackets and pullies? I'm in need of a dual setup but I havens looked into them much yet
You might be a good shopper....:thumbsup

PM me if you need some stuff

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've read a bit more, and I do realize there's a lot of r&d involved but I always thought that the prices for these kits came with the second pump. So I guess I'm past the sticker shock so what does a stock pump typically run?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Oh wow, didnt know the pumps were that cheap! I thought they were over a thousand... see, thats a good deal then! And yes, I have heard nothing but good things about Lloyd Mills, I will probably be giving him a call within the next couple of months!

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok... pulled the tubes. 1 bad tip, 2 questionable tips &1 bad o-ring = 6 new tubes and a happy rail. Spoke with Bret at II and he said it was normal for the pump to drop at the shift points but should recover. Now it drops to low 15's and quickly recovers to 21/22k.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Normal for theirs:w:

·
Registered
384 Posts
My dual pump kit ( Evil twins) is not 1700. I will not discuss the price in the open forum, especially since I am not a vendor at this time and I know it is against the rules. I am only here cause I have received numerous calls about this thread. However, I will say this, money adds up quick when you take into account what we offer:

Controller to manage both pumps
Pulley
Bracket
Fitting to relocate the rail pressure sensor
Fitting to plumb second CP3 into the rail
New high pressure line
Belt
APPS bracket when needed
Return line for fuel system

Not to mention technical support with the kit. If something goes wrong, there is someone to talk to! The kit has proven to make very good power and has been very reliable. And, given the right source for pumps, can be built for less than 2K

1 - 19 of 19 Posts