Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there such thing as studs under the the mid $400 mark? I can reach 40psi fairly easily with my stock turbo (dont ask me how, cuz i have no clue) and i have decided that studs are a must when i install the hx-35 next week.

· Registered
441 Posts
You could probably get away with getting some studs made out of grade 10 bolts by fasten all but to my knowledge the cheapest production studs are $435 ARP 12mm on PDR. I just bought a set and install was easy day. I bottom taped my block and they fit perfect, plenty of valve cover clearance or anything. Good luck.

· Registered
701 Posts
you might look in to new head bolts with a bit more torque on them, i was directed to comp diesel when i asked. all i can say is there are some guys running some pretty impressive numbers on stock bolts?

· Registered
935 Posts
If your are installing an hx-35, you will be gaining a wastegate, which will allow you adjust what your max boost psi is. You can also torque your stock head bolts to 125ftlb's and you should be fine at 40psi all day long.

· Banned
544 Posts
ARP Studs :thumbsup:

· Registered
3,607 Posts
I can get $400 ARP studs from the local machine shop that sells ARP parts. Just gotta wheel and deal a little bit and possibly spend way too much money there already to get a deal. I've seen them go for $400 on eBay too.

Or you can try the grade 8 metric All-Thread.

Is there such a thing as a grade 10 bolt? If there is you'd want grade 10 All-Thread. :lol4:

· Premium Member
6,728 Posts
Is there such thing as studs under the the mid $400 mark? I can reach 40psi fairly easily with my stock turbo (dont ask me how, cuz i have no clue) and i have decided that studs are a must when i install the hx-35 next week.
Check with folks on here that move a lot of ARP products. :thumbsup:

· Registered
441 Posts
Is there such a thing as a grade 10 bolt? If there is you'd want grade 10 All-Thread. :lol4:
Are you mocking me??lol. I was talking to one of the parts reps at a local diesel performance shop and he said if I didn't want to spend the money for ARP studs, I should give fasten all a call and have them make me some "GRADE 10" heat treated studs. All I would have to do is give them the thread patterns. Is there such thing as grade 10 bolts?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.