Cummins Diesel Forum banner

cheap grid heater delete

12K views 60 replies 35 participants last post by  cumminspwr600 
#1 ·
i just wanted to let everyone know about a cheap alternative for a grid heater delete it is available at any cummins dealer the part number is 3922484 it costs about 33 dollars

#5 ·
This might sound stupid, but how much difference does it make with the delete in and would it be a bennificial for me to do it?

#7 ·
It only improves your economy if you don't have to warm your truck up. If you live in a colder climate and have to start your truck below 40 degrees your truck will not start as well or warm up near as efficiently as it would with the grid heater installed so therefore would not improve your fuel economy.

#8 ·
I have seen this delete and it seems very popular, but my question is why? I use my truck as a truck. I do have an edge juice/attitude and its a very nice improvement...but why sacrifice cold start performance for a few horsepower if you aren't using the truck for sled pulls or racing? It probably only worth 10hp so i can't see why it would be a good idea for most of us.

#10 ·
I have problems with my electronics functioning properly while the grid heater is on, it drains my voltage down to about 11V. However in Tucson AZ I think I would be okay without it. I'm going to check this out for sure.

#13 ·
I'd assume it looks just like the GH, only with the inside gutted...maybe smoothed out a bit too. Makes sense that Cummins would have it...

I haven't took mine off to look at it but I have a machine shop and i thing I can do this delete for $free.99 with my milling machine and just take the bars out of the existing spacer block.

You can gut your stocker but if you ever need it again, it'll be mroe expensive to replace it then to just get a delete.

#12 ·
I haven't took mine off to look at it but I have a machine shop and i thing I can do this delete for $free.99 with my milling machine and just take the bars out of the existing spacer block.

#17 ·
i agree, rarely do i roll my truck past 2k unless im coming home from a bar and hot roddin it on the toll way.

the article didnt say how they closed the loop on the electronics of the gh though, and i didnt see anything on the aftermarket one to take care if it either.

#16 ·
I will be deleting my grid heater when i finially get my intake manifold.

#34 ·
Hahaha did you spray your valve covers pimp hat blue to match?:T:

Thanks for the pic..I think I will go to my cummins store and pic one up.:thumbsup
Yeah I think I maybe right behind you!

#29 ·
I have 50 of them at work that I have pulled out of case backhoes and skidsteers to put grid heaters in. Maybe I should sell them. LOL :)

#31 ·
Oops! Jumped in this thread late. For those who live in cold climates, hook up your block heater!

HP plus a warm start? Could it be that simple? :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.